Sunday, June 20, 2010

Viva Italia????????

What a day!  First, Paraguay won.  WOO HOO!  I predicted the 2-0 victory so that made me happy.  Then Italy drew against New Zealand.   That made me sad.  And apparently the whole world is shocked that the draw even happened.  I was upset, disappointed even.  But I wasn't as mad as if they had lost the game.  That would have been worse, right?  So I think the announcers need to RELAX a bit.  Sheesh.

Then, my beloved Ivory Coast (with soccer star, Didier Drogba) fell to the Brazilians.  I expected they would lose.  I'm sad to admit I didn't have enough faith for them to pull the upset.  But I was glad Didier scored a header.  I was mad when Brazil's, Fabiano, scored the second goal.  Why?  Because it was a blatant hand ball (TWICE) that wasn't called.  Would the Ivory Coast have won had they made the call?  Probably not.  But it's the principle of the matter.  The principle, people!  Brazil will move on to the round of 16 but will play their next game without Kaka (who was red carded near the end of the game)!

Hopefully my teams will do better tomorrow!  In the mean time, here are a few photos of the red carded star, Kaka!


Kaka....off the field!

Kaka on the field!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What happened with Italy? The only thing I can say is that New Zealand played rather rough (carry-over from their traditional rugby habits?), so all that dramatic rolling around on the ground the Italians are known for may have been real this time. Anyway, that really shouldn't have happened.

And, I am sorry, but I have a hard understanding why a person would choose to be called Kaka when he has a perfectly lovely name to begin with. The preschooler in me can't help giggling everytime I hear about this guy.