Monday, June 28, 2010

Bonkers Over Brazil?!?

And when I say bonkers, I don't mean it in a good way.  Billy has gone mad!  He is so upset about England losing that he's decided the World Cup isn't all that important anymore.  Yeah.  It's frustrating.  So today, he fast forwarded through the first game (The Netherlands won 2-1).  Then he complained, complained, complained about Brazil.  It was driving me CRAZY!!!!!!

After Brazil went up 2-0, Billy fast forwarded the rest of that game.  That's good because I got tired of him yelling at the TV.  I tried to tell him the players can't hear him.  But he just kept on yelling.....trying to motivate the Chilean team.  Yeah......didn't work.  And to the Brazilian "divers,"  Billy is very mad at you!  Get up off the ground, silly floppers!

Anyway, my World Cup watching today was less than pleasant because of my bad-attitude Billy.  I guess in four years, maybe England will produce a team worthy of pleasing my honey!  Until then, I will start watching the games alone.  I might even deck myself out in German gear.  Yeah, Billy might be done with it.  But I'm just gettin' started!!!

Today's photos:

Dutch boy, Arjen Robben (I always think the announcers are saying, "Iron Robben").

A fond farewell to Chilean striker, Sanchez

And goodbye to Vittek (the penalty kick he took for Slovakia didn't save them).

And just because Billy loves them so much......sorry, hon, had to do it! :)

P.S. Billy just read this and then called me a jerk.  I guess my team photo of Brazil was NOT what he wanted to see! ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Sarah, that sounds so unlike Billy. He is such a good sport and so mature all of the time. I guess even the best of men have a little bit of a two year old in them.

We were in Frankfurt sitting outside at an Italian restaurant just after The Netherlands won their game. And one lone car full of men dressed in orange, waving flags and honking their horn passed us by. It was cute compared to what we had on Saturday.