Thursday, June 24, 2010

Ciao Italia!

What can I say?  I can say that I kinda knew Italy wouldn't get very far.  I'm sad, though, because I was sure hoping they would pull it off.  So Italy is gone.  Coach Lippi should probably start looking for new work.  I find it odd that the 2006 finalists (France and Italy) are both out.  Early. 

Other teams moving on:  The Netherlands (hooray), Japan, and Paraguay.

The four teams not moving on:  Italy (tears), Cameroon (farewell awesome uniforms), New Zealand (bye bye Kiwis), and Denmark (Danes are OUT).

I'm pretty sure tomorrow will be the last time I get to see the Ivory Coast in the World Cup.  SAD!  For now, here are two players who were amazing today!

Fabio Quagliarella stepped it up for Italy, when the rest of the team didn't.

Robin Van Persie, of The Netherlands, scored today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure you are allowed to be for The Netherlands and Germany in soccer. Anyway, how abut Japan? That was crazy.

Ok, but the fight in the during the Italian/Slovakian game was exciting. I'm surprised that either player was left on the field. Oh, and, do you think that Italians could be any more dramatic?

The Miranda's said...

Oh man..I totally thought Italy was gonna pull off a come back...but maybe they should have played like that 20 min. earlier...too bad, uh? BUT.....go USA!!! (I know you don't really care, but I do!)