Sunday, June 6, 2010

Creepy Kid!

Blake has very odd methods of waking us up in the middle of the night.  First of all, let me say he does a lot of things while half-sleeping!  A couple months ago, he walked down the stairs and started to pull down his pants, as if getting ready to go to the bathroom......IN THE LIVING ROOM!!!!!  We caught him before he did (thank heavens)!

But anyway, I'm getting off topic.  So when Blake wants to wake us up, he taps us on the forehead.  OR he just stands there, which is what he's been doing to me lately.  I am a super light sleeper anyway.  It is rather frightening to wake up and see my child hovering over me.  I also tend to startle easily.  Then it takes a good LONG time to get back to sleep after having a near heart attack, courtesy of Blake Matthews.

Well, last night, I woke to Blake standing next to my head.  He had a bloody nose so at least he had a good reason to be in my room.  Although I still think he might come up with a better way to wake me up.  I finally fell back to sleep.  Then at around 6 AM.......I woke up to Blake sitting on the window sill in the bedroom.  WHAT?  Now, THAT was scary!

Maybe he just likes to watch us sleep?!?

2 comments:

Lady Redux said...

Mike did alot of sleep walking (or un-awake "bathroom trips") growing up. You should ask my mom about it. She had some nifty tips on how to help with it.

Anonymous said...

Silly Blake. You must just look so peacful to him that he can't resist! I HATE it when my kids do the hovering thing. It freaks me out too!