Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Spanish Shocker!

I take it from my lack of views and lack of comments, that my readers could possibly be tiring of my World Cup blogs.  GASP!  However, I must continue!  So grin and bear it...and maybe catch a game or two!  Then you would follow along brilliantly!  :)

For today, I'll make it brief!  Spain (the number 2 team in the World Cup standings) lost to Switzerland.  I couldn't believe it.  Now I'm to the point where my bracket makes as much sense to me as a letter written in Chinese.  Yeah, it's not easy to read!  There's always the next round!

As for the other games.....Chile made about 82 shots on goal (that's what it felt like to me) and only scored one!  Really?  Yeah, it was THAT frustrating!  Honduras was not good but for some reason, the Chilean shots were always saved (except that one time)!

South Africa and Uruguay?  Well, I was once again reminded (since we just saw these teams play last week) why I want to move to Uruguay.  Do any of you remember?  The super sweet and peppy national anthem.  I loved it again today.  I also still love the South African, Tshabalala.  I'm pretty sure that beats out Cherundolo for last names I wish I could have.  Anyway, after South Africa's keeper got a TOTALLY LAME red card, the host nation ended up losing.  Uruguay showed up to play and scored 3 goals!

Random photos for today:
\
Blake's favorite Spanish player,  Cesc Fabregas (who didn't play today...but totally should have)

South African cutie, Tshabalala

2 comments:

The Clayburn Family said...

Sarah, Sarah, Sarah! I hate to say it, buuuuuuuuuuttttt, I could not hate soccer any more than I do. I despise it!!! My hubster, however, loves it!! But having said that, I have enjoyed the delicious photos you have posted during World Cup Blogarama!! I just may have to get into this soccer thing after all! LOL.

P.S. We saw UofL Silly Bandz at Walmart today and thought of you and the Blakester!

Anonymous said...

I love watching the World Cup. I love your posts.

Yay, Schwiez! With Otmar Hitzfeld at the helm, it was bound to go well.

You do not want to move to Uruguay.