Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sad Day For Team USA!

Uruguay and Ghana moved on.  USA and South Korea did not.  Most of you know my World Cup teams of choice are England and Germany.  They play each other tomorrow.  SHOOT!  I will be sad when another team of mine loses.  I guess this one is inevitable.

The Uruguay game was quite exciting, I must say.  Of course I loved the anthem (still).  And I'm quite familiar with it now, as I've heard it four times!  I didn't think South Korea stood much of a chance.  Guess what?  I was right (of course).  HA!  But seriously.

USA.  Where to begin?  For those TRUE fans of this team, you have to be utterly disappointed.  How many  times can they concede a goal early and come back to win?  It had to get very frustrating.  As the announcers said at the beginning of the game, "They're playing like they're still sitting on the team bus."  Sadly, it was an accurate way to describe the situation.  Ghana showed up to play (at the beginning).  The United States players looked a little lackadaisical.

Ghana didn't impress me much in the second half (until they scored again and put the game away).  In fact, the vuvuzelas kinda lulled me to sleep.  I'm glad the games were entertaining today.  I can't wait for the matches tomorrow.  Until then I'll leave you with some more photos (you're welcome)!


Uruguay cutie, Diego Forlan


I know people may still be bitter but I love the uniform team Ghana wore today.  Show it (them) some love!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, USA looked better in the second half. Ghana scored in the overtime right away, and fter that, most players were just plain tired out.

I am sitting on my couch with my family all decked out in black, red, gold right now.

The Miranda's said...

USA totally deserved to lose! They showed no heart and Ghana ran all over them...next time maybe they will wake up!