Wednesday, June 23, 2010

More Did Score!

USA...in the round of 16 by the skin of their teeth.  There's nothing like waiting until stoppage time to score the goal you need.  England will also advance!  I'm very excited!  The only bad thing?  England must now play Germany (who, obviously, also advanced).  I guess I will have to cheer for Germany while Billy roots for England.  :(

Other interesting facts about today's matches:

1.  Boateng vs. Boateng in the Germany/Ghana game;  half brothers who had to play each other.  It added a little spice.  I prefer brother Boateng who represented Germany.  I still have issues with Ghana's, Kevin Prince Boateng.  He just "happened" to injure Germany's mid fielder, Ballack, before the World Cup began.  Things that make you go hmmmmm........

2.  England switched things up a bit.  They wore red.  They played Defoe.  They won.

3.  Australia finally stepped it up.  They scored two goals.  Too (two) little, too late.

I'm loving this World Cup and can't wait for tomorrow!  The weekend will be even better!  On Saturday and Sunday we will get to see these guys!

Ghana's (punk), Boateng


England cutie, Frankie L (Frank Lampard)

USA's, Hercules Gomez (but he won't be with this random kid)

Germany's, Bastian Schweinsteiger (one of my all-time fav players)

3 comments:

easleyfamily said...

I love you and I love how much you love this world cup business...but I am far more interested in your cute little kiddo's and your fam :) I guess I can make it thru soccer season because I love you so much :)

Rebecca said...

Because of you, Sarah, I actually cared that the US won today :) You should be proud of yourself!!

Anonymous said...

I think Podolsky is a cutie, but he has been having a tough time these days. Schweinsteiger may not be able to play, last I heard. Some muscle injury. :( He is doing a great job, though.

Still mad at Boateng for putting Ballack out of commision.