Monday, June 21, 2010

Raining Goals!

WOW!  How about that Portugal game, folks?  It was raining.  It was pouring.  And the floodgates were OPEN!  Portugal scored SEVEN goals against North Korea.  I felt pretty bad for their keeper.  But it was still super exciting to watch.  Finally, a team came to play.  And score.  A lot.  Even Ronaldo finally scored in international play.  I think he was getting frustrated until his turn finally came.  You can watch it here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czrBijbjKUU.  Or you can just look at him!


Anyway, I think in that one game, just that one time, Portugal's keeper could have been thinking about love.  He could have been out on a date, for that matter.  His goal may have seen a few strikes but nothing he couldn't handle.  For the most part, I think he just stood around.  Daydreaming.  About love.

The second game was full of drama (but not as many goals).  Switzerland had a man sent off in the 30th minute.  It was the result of a straight red card which I'm not sure he deserved.  Surprise.  A bad call in the World Cup?  Anyway, tempers were hot and there were a lot of yellow cards.  A lot of little squabbles.  And a lot of people rolling around on the ground for WAY too long (babies).

The third game was a must-win for both teams.  Welp, I guess we know what that means:  one team isn't going to be very happy.  Spain scored early.  I have been waiting for David Villa to do something spectacular so I could include him in my photo blog.  At long last; today he scored....twice!  They were beauties.  Just like him! ;)  Then he missed his penalty kick and didn't get the hat trick.  Oops.  But he's still a cutie!


Exhibit A

Exhibit B


2 comments:

The Miranda's said...

I gotta watch the first game ..7 goals! man, that would be fun to watch....thanks again for the update on the excitements and drama!

Angie said...

Sarah, you are so funny! I had no idea you were such a soccer nut! :) But I'm glad too, that you were able to add such great exhibits to your blog! :)