Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Farewell To Four!

I'm tired.  You're tired.  We're probably all tired.  I watched all the games today.  I wasn't that impressed.  The French have been having some serious issues and weren't able to move on.  We bid you adieu.  South Africa, beloved host of this sensational World Cup, you will be missed, too.  They also didn't have enough to move on to the round of 16.  Now I will have to say Tshabalala for no reason! ;)  Love that guy (and his name)!

Who else will say goodbye?  Nigeria.  You could have made it (possibly).  Yakubu....you MISSED that goal?!?!  You can see it here:  http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/blog/dirty-tackle/post/Yakubu-automatically-wins-worst-miss-of-the-Worl?urn=sow,250521

We will also miss Greece.  Oh today is sad.  I have to watch the rest of the world cup without Tshabalala AND Sokratis Papastathopoulos.  What, oh WHAT, will I do?!?

This will be a short post because, as I said, I'm tired!  And you're probably bored!  Here is the French cutie who was red carded for throwing a high elbow in the game today:  Yoann Gourcuff, we will miss you!  Good luck with all the drama when team France returns home! ;)



The four teams to actually move on today:  Mexico, Uruguay, Argentina, and South Korea!  Congrats, fellas.  May the best team keep winning! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The red card for France was not necessary. Foul, yes. Red card, no. Anyway, losing is bad enough, but their tantrum throwing was really shameful.

Sout Africa is a good example of how you can lose even if you win. :(

I have to say that Germany is nervous. No Miro and a ref who notoriously makes harsh, bad calls.

Alan said...

What a day for USA soccer! Hey I never mentioned but I started getting my ESPN mag. So awesome - thanks.