Sunday, June 27, 2010

Bad Calls/England Falls

Sarah=happy.  Billy=sad, angry, depressed, and all things bad.  I have to say I LOVED the games today.  But I couldn't really celebrate.  While I was excited when Germany scored (and kept scoring), I couldn't really whoop it up.  Each time Germany scored, Billy was yelling, throwing pillows, and complaining about what the England team should have done better.  Yeah,  it was like that.  So I had to celebrate on the inside.

I agree England got ROBBED of the Lampard goal.  Of course it was hard for me to cheer totally against England.  I love most of the fellas on the team.  I just love the German team a wee bit more.  So at least I can agree (with the rest of the world) that England had a terribly unlucky call.  It could have changed the momentum of the game.  Alas, I think in the end, the result would have been the same.  The Germans were and are amazing!  But here is a photo of the TERRIBLE missed call:

Argentina was also impressive.  And they also had a controversial offside goal.  Even I (who still has trouble with the call) could see Tevez was offside.  Anyway, I don't think that would have made much of a difference either.  Argentina would still beat Mexico.  I think.

Soooooo......now Argentina must play Germany.  And I will be a nervous wreck.  Messi?  Tevez?  Those guys are super talented.  I can only hope Germany can outplay them!

On a side note, here is one of my favorite all-star German soccer players (from days of yore), Jurgen Klinsmann.  I think he looks just like Billy.  I've said this for many, many years.  I've had other people tell me that throughout the World Cup (when they see him announcing).  What do you guys think?




You see the resemblance, right?!?!?!  Just disregard Blake in the photo! ;)



One more look at Jurgen!


Germany's super star, Lukas Podolski (I had to throw in one picture of a good lookin' guy)!  That sounded bad.  I didn't mean Billy isn't good lookin'.  I was talking about how I post photos of soccer stars in every blog.  I promise!  Don't judge me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, um, right, one good looking guy other than Billy, right? I put my foot in it like that all the time.

Yes, England was robbed of the second goal, but most Germans openly admit that and consider it compensation for the Wembley 1966 goal. I would not have been able to celebrate the Germany win if the difference in the end hadn't been at least two goals.

The Miranda's said...

They for sure look alike! My husband wasn't very happy about the Mexico vs. Argentina game...I'm sure it was similiar emotions to Billy's....but the world cup must go on..until then.

Rebecca said...

WOW! Billy and Jurgen totally look like twins!!