Friday, June 11, 2010

Game On!

Did everyone watch the first two games of the World Cup?  I'm sure you did.  Right?  I did warn you that I would be posting a lot during the World Cup.  So for those of you who have no interest (GASP), you might be bored to tears for the next little while.  Maybe I'll sneak in some "normal" posts every now and then! ;)

Okay so in game 1 (Mexico vs. South Africa), I totally predicted the 1-1 draw.  Impressed?  That's what I thought! ;)  It was an exciting match, although I was about to blow up the TV because of the annoying vuvuzelas (annoying horn/buzzing sound).  But it wouldn't be a World Cup without the most ridiculous noise on earth!


That being said, the first game went off without a hitch.  I did question the offside call after the first goal was scored (but taken away).  And because of that, I found the first "real" goal to be bittersweet.  Oh well.  Since I predicted the end score, I really didn't care how they got there!  Thanks for some well-played footie, boys!

Now the next game was totally different.  I will say that it started out great for me (before the game actually began).  I almost considered moving to Uruguay after hearing their national anthem.  It was peppy and fun.  And in case you want a listen, go to this link:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddgLn1Sa528&feature=related.  It isn't from today's match because I can't find it.  But this is from one of the qualifying games and it's cool because the players sing along (and not so in tune....a little "pitchy" as Simon Cowell or Randy would say).

As for the second game itself, I was pretty bored.  And pretty frustrated.  I'm not a fan of France.  Most people are still bitter for how they ended up IN the World Cup (after Henry's controversial hand ball against Ireland).  So I wasn't too keen on either team.  I predicted a 2-1 win for France.  Instead, I got a 0-0 draw.  Yup.  Boring.  The best thing about that game (besides Uruguay's awesome anthem) was watching one of my Chelsea guys, Florent Malouda, enter the game in the 75th minute.  And just in case you missed him,  here ya go:


 

You're welcome.

I will write more tomorrow!  Until then, I advise you to watch at least one game.  C'mon.  You won't regret it (as long as it isn't like the Uruguay vs. France game.....if it is, then I apologize).  'Night!










4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That second game was really dull. It would have been nice if France had started playing sooner than five minutes before end or if Uruguay had started playing at all.

Rebecca said...

Um- I think I might run away with Florent. Wow.

The Miranda's said...

I had to stop watching the 2nd game...blah! But I really enjoy all the national anthems! Very cool! And I'm so pumped for today!!

Anonymous said...

So when is Billy moving? Does that mean we might actually meet for lunch sometime?? I am so excited. I will cross my fingers you sell your house soooooooooon!