Thursday, June 17, 2010

Ten For Ten!

In honor of the TEN goals scored today, I've decided to do a simple post.....David Letterman style (except I'm not quite as funny as he is)! ;)

Sarah Jane's World Cup top ten (of today):

1.  Argentina's Higuain scoring a HAT TRICK!  Woo hoo!  That was sure an exciting game!
2.  Hot tempered people getting straight red cards (Nigeria guy, I'm talking to you).  Simmer down, boys, simmer down!
3.  I know this happened yesterday but since the news is just out today, I figured it would count:  the media blaming goal keeper's girlfriends for their missed saves.  Huh?  Yeah, apparently if you are thinking about the one you love, you tend to miss a bit of the game.  Before you know it, a goal has been scored.  I always wondered what the keepers were doing when the ball is on the opposite end of the field.  Now I know.  Apparently they are daydreaming about love, making hearts in the grass, or something....
4.  Two penalty kicks of the day.  No pressure, fellas.  Argentina and Mexico both scored on the penalties.
5.  Mexico BEATING France 2-0.  I'm not a huge fan of France.  I neither love or hate them.  But they aren't my favorite.  I'm also not a huge fan of Mexico.  But I like them more than France.  So there.
6.  The scary Mexico fan with his face painted and his hair in beads.  I watched the game twice (once by myself and once when Billy came home).  That dude scared me both times.  If any of you saw him, you know who I'm talkin' about.  Scary face man, I might have nightmares tonight.
7.  Greece scoring two goals (but not really).  One of their goals was deflected by Nigeria.  But still....after comparing Greece's team to that of my 7 year-old son's team, I guess they decided to step it up a bit!  They won!
8.  The entire Greek team's last names.  But......topping that list is my favorite name of all-time:  Sokratis Papastathopoulos.  Right?  I love it!  It sounds like something from the movie, My Life in Ruins or My Big Fat Greek Wedding (both movies I loved).
9.  NOT the French uniforms.  So didn't dig them. 
10.  The fact that goals were scored in EVERY game today!  And the fact that the games will only get better from here.  Well, at least when we get into the round of 16.  YEEEEE HAWWWW!


*And of course I must conclude this post with a photo.  Since I already have Higuain in a previous post (of World Cup hotties), I will put a photo of Sokratis Papastathopoulous.  Yup.  That's what I'll do!*


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey there theyadons.blogspot.com blogger found your website via Google but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have discovered website which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your blog http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my blog. Hope this helps :) They offer most cost effective services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com