Friday, December 31, 2010

Year in Review!

I thought I would end the year with a quick year in review!  2010 has been a wild and crazy ride.  It was a LONG year and I'm ready to begin 2011.  I like the number 11 better anyway!  My favorite soccer player (Didier Drogba), wears the number well so that makes me happy!  Anyway, we've had a lot of ups and downs and some in-betweens, too!  Here is a list of some highs and lows of the past year!

Some highs:

1.  I started blogging back in February!  I hit 10,000 views several weeks ago (which beat my goal of trying to get 10,000 views in a year)!  WOO HOO!  I am slightly addicted and might need a 12 step program to recover!

2.  Billy got a wonderful job.  He is really happy there and the job is in Louisville!

3.  Blake was baptized.  I still can't believe he's 8!  Time sure does fly!

4.  Lola turned 2!  And she was on TV, too (the Sprout channel birthday card from a previous post)!

5.  Billy, Lola, and I got to sit court side at a Pacers game.  And it.  Was.  Awesome.

6.  My whole little family got to sit in box seats at a U of L game!  GO CARDS!

7.  U of L football went bowling......and won! :)

8.  Blake's soccer team only lost ONE game the whole season!  He is amazing and scored lots and lots of goals!

9.  We got a membership to the zoo and Lola absolutely LOVES it!!!

10.  We took a trip to New York to see my sister, Jess and her family!  We also got to see lots of church sights and venture in to Canada!  Great fun was had by all!

11.  We paid off our car!  YEE HAW!!!

Some lows:

1.  Billy works in Louisville and doesn't live with us in Indy.  That kinda (BIG TIME) stinks.

2.  My lucky U of L earrings lost their luck.

3.  Luca, the dog, is crazier than ever!

4.  Our house is still on the market and nobody has even looked at it.  BOO!!!

5.  Driving back and forth to Kentucky A LOT.  With a dog and two crazy kidlets!

Some in-betweens:

1.  Lola and I spent A LOT of time in the library.  We have to occupy our time and doing that without spending money is always good!

2.  I did a lot of baking.  That was good.  I did a lot of eating what I baked.  That was bad.

3.  We got the Kinect for the XBOX.  It is totally fun but it is listed in the in-betweens because while it is super awesome, the dancing game wears me out!!!

Well, as you can see, most of our past year has been great.  We are truly blessed!  Thank you all for being faithful readers!  I can't wait to blog up 2011!  HAPPY NEW YEAR!

4 comments:

The Clayburn Family said...

Those are some great "highs". Hopefully 2011 will be a year where some of your "lows" will go away!! Love your blog!

easleyfamily said...

sadly-I have not been a faithful reader of anyone's blog lately but it's been so fun to catch up with the Yadon's! Love you and can't wait to see you next month...right?

Cecilia said...

wow! What a year. So I usually catch up on your blog two or three entries at a time, so here are my thoughts:

1. I can't believe Lola is 2, she is all grown up
2. I HATE it for you that you are not with your hubby. I can't even imagine (especially when you like the guy a lot).
3. Love on the Diet coke, it's there for you when you need it.
4. Congrats on paying off the car! Woohoo! Debt is crazy and one less bill is always nice.
5. The weight thing makes me laugh, you are super, super super gorgeous...but you have to be true to yourself and feel good in your own body.
6. Please provide a link on those pajamajeans...must've missed that, and I am SOOO curious.

Anonymous said...

Again not mentioned. What about HALLOWEEN?? That was a high@!!! Well, I'm glad you had some highs and in-betweens to make up for some of your lows. I can't wait for you to live in Louisville with Billy. That will be a high for so many reasons.