Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Lola's Latest and Greatest!

So you all remember that Lola turned two a mere TWO days ago.  Right?  Well, I'm already tired of all the shenanigans!  I've never been a believer of the "terrible twos."  My experience was the older they get, the more opinionated they become.  And I'm sure that's how Lola will be.  But she's already QUITE the handful!  Here's what she's been doing just in the last couple of days:

--She loves coloring.  And even if she is coloring on my Christmas cards, at least she is coloring on paper.  Well, not anymore.  Today she colored all over the entertainment center AND all over the rock band drums.  Now.  How am I supposed to be a (serious) Lego Rock Band drummer when my set has pink crayon all over it?  Seriously, child.....

--She threw her first ever tantrum when we left the library yesterday.  She has always been soooooo good about leaving when I tell her we have to.  Not yesterday.  She screamed, "PLAAAAYYYYY,"  all the way out of the library.  Awesome.  She was THAT kid.  You know, the one where everyone else is wondering who is in charge and why nothing is being done about all the crazy they are witnessing?  Well, they can cram it.  Because yesterday that was me.  And Lola.

--She threw all kinds of things in the toilet today.  And it wasn't just toilet paper.  Fishing paper and other objects out of the toilet is an excellent way to start the day.  I suggest you try it (maybe not.....).

--Apparently she thinks she is "too old" for naps now.  I put her down at 1:30 and she screamed her brains out for an hour.  She is finally quiet but who knows what is going on up there in her jail cell.....I mean, crib.

There ya have it.  If this is what the year is going to bring, I say....."challenge accepted."  But even better?  Shall we speed over this phase and bring us straight to age 3?  Yes, pllllleeeeeaaassseeee!!!!

I look at photos like these and I can't believe TWO years ago, this is what she was doing:


Ahhhh.....Lola.  While you may be a little crazy, I sure do love your face! :)

2 comments:

The Miranda's said...

Happy Birthday Lola!! Even though you may not find Lola's actions funny, I do. : ) hang in there..it doesn't last forever..it just gets worse..lol

*A* said...

I love her face too! Did you cut your hair? It looks super cute!!