Friday, December 10, 2010

Blake + Maddie

Blake.........wait for it........has.....a......GIRLFRIEND!  Ah, young romance!  I still remember my first boyfriend.  I was in 2nd grade, just like Blake.  And my boyfriend's name was Damon Dennett.  So I'm just sayin' that Blake will probably always remember his beloved Maddie!

He stayed up late one night last week drawing a portrait of Maddie.  When I asked him about her, he became very embarrassed and wouldn't say much.  Then a couple days ago, he finally came clean.  I asked him why he didn't eat the fruit snacks I put in his lunch.  He told me he couldn't because he ate lunch sitting next to his girlfriend.  He asked me to only put fruit roll-ups in his lunch because "fruit snacks are for babies."  Who knew?  I guess I'm a baby because I dig on some fruit snacks every now and then!

Anyway, he finally admitted he had a girlfriend.  Tonight we asked him how he knew she was indeed his girlfriend.  His response?  "Well of course I'm her boyfriend because I make her laugh all the time."  Fair enough.  I mean, obviously, if you make someone laugh a lot, you are automatically "together."  Duh.

I still can't believe Blake is in 2nd grade.  And now I'm kinda having a hard time dealing with the fact that girls no longer have "cooties."  He's growing up WAY too fast.  But I had to post this and show everyone Blake's drawing of Maddie.  And yeah, he even included the necklace with her name on it (that she really does wear to school)!  She's pretty cute, huh?  ;)  Man, I love my  Blake!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My son thought girls had cooties until halfway through the fifth grade, when he told me that he must be getting to puberty because he doesn't hate girls as much anymore.

Casey Wallace said...

That is so cute! I can imagine it's bittersweet for you, Sarah. ;) AK is still just wanting to marry Daddy when she grows up. haha

kdizzle said...

Gooo! Blake has a GIRLFRIEND?!?!?! Holy crap. I still remember rocking him in diapers...man, Auntie Katie feels old...