Tuesday, December 7, 2010

'Tis the Season!

I'm sure you are all dying to know what we did during the first weekend of December!  Well, let me tell ya!  First of all, we decorated the Christmas tree!  I typically get the tree out the day after Thanksgiving but since we weren't home, we had to wait!  I was chomping at the bit waiting for Billy to come home last Friday so we could get the tree up!

Then it snowed on Saturday!  I'm not a huge fan so I sent the boys out to play while I watched basketball on TV and basketball on the Internet.  Yeah, I can never have too much basketball (or football, or soccer, etc...).  I was kind enough, however, to pull myself away from the games to make them some hot chocolate when they came in!

Blake and his friend!








It's a pretty sweet snowman.  And yes, those are batteries for his eyes.  It's all we could think of!
Then we all got together and made an awesome birthday message for our dear friend (and photographer), Sheryll.  Lola was asleep so she didn't make it into the picture this year!


Then Blake and I decided to do some holiday baking!  I only have two aprons and I was suited up in my U of L gear.  That left my "domestic diva" apron for Blake.  He loved it!  Well, at least I loved how stinkin' cute he was in his mother's apron!


And finally, on Monday night, I started addressing Christmas cards.  Well, I should have known better than to turn my back away from Lola when a pen was readily available.  By the time I got back to the table, this is what she had done to two cards:


Any takers on these two?  Ha ha ha.

And that's what we have been up to!  Hope everybody is having a wonderful holiday season so far! :)

3 comments:

The Clayburn Family said...

Great post! Looks like you are all ready in the Christmas spirit!! Love the pictures . . . all of them!!

Katie said...

That's hilarious--Lola's pictures and Blake's apron I mean:) LOVE your apron, lol. I'm making you a pot holder to match. I'll give it to you the next time I get to see your face. Love you doll!!!

Cecilia said...

That Birthday Picture Card was so creative.