Friday, December 31, 2010

LUCKY???? No More........

I have a very special pair of U of L Cardinal earrings.  The team never lost when I was wearing them.  And the one loss they had (to Drexel), I was NOT wearing them.  I considered them to be quite lucky......until today.  I knew if U of L won in the big "dream game" vs. UK, they (the earrings) would truly be awesome.  Now I have come to the realization that my earrings aren't lucky.  And I shouldn't be so superstitious. 

The UL/UK game is one crazy big rivalry.  This was the first year in the KFC Yum! Center and I was sure UL would represent their house.  Instead, UK had a pretty big size advantage and they used it.  UL got shut down.  Our beloved Peyton Siva just couldn't get to the rim....he experienced rejection after rejection after rejection.  It wasn't pretty for us Card fans.  And the worst part of it all?  Well, besides my earrings losing their luck......is the obnoxious gloating we have to deal with from the Wildcat fans.  Blech.

I was watching my niece, Genevieve during the game (because my sister and her husband actually got to GO to the game).  Gen and Lola had a lot of fun!  I taught them the UL fight song!  They can both say, "go cards" and "boo cats" now.  So I'd say it was a fairly productive day!  I still have faith in my team.  They have only lost twice now and I'm sure that wasn't the last!  But through it all, I love my team and I will always yell "GO CARDS" whenever I get the chance! :)

We were deflating the air mattress while watching the game!  I didn't have any U of L gear for Lola (GASP).  And the only thing she had that was clean was this blue outfit (ANOTHER GASP)!!!!

Me, Genevieve, and Lola!  You can kinda see my not-so-lucky earrings in this photo!


Lola and Gen playing on the mattress where Blake slept!


Blake all decked out in Card wear!

Lola and Genevieve playing a friendly game of foosball!

2 comments:

The Clayburn Family said...

I really love the amount of school spirit you have. It is great! However . . . UofL??? haha! Hope they have a great season and I'd say keep wearing the earrings. I think they are pretty lucky!

Anonymous said...

This whole sports thing is so foreign to me so I will comment on the fact that my tooth cracked last night and my dentist office is closed for the day. LOVELY!