Thursday, December 30, 2010

SLUGGER!

Another thing I love in Louisville is the Slugger Museum.  I haven't been in many years so we all headed out today for some family (minus Billy, who was working) fun!  Thank heavens Lola got in free because most of her entertainment came from pushing the stroller around (instead of sitting in it).  Although I can say she was VERY well behaved on the guided 30 minute tour! 

My imaginary boyfriend (it's okay.....Billy knows all about him), Derek Jeter is signed with Louisville Slugger so I got to see his bat and the bat they made for his mom for Mother's Day last year.  That was pretty sweet!

Blake had tons of fun and even got to practice his batting in the cage.  Unfortunately, they couldn't slow the speed from 45mph so Blake didn't have any hits but he had fun anyway!

Thank you, Papa 'Tucky for a WONDERFUL day! :)

Blake, Lola, Adam, and Connor!

My cute dad, Blake, Genevieve, Brandon and Jess in the dugout!

Me and Adam in the dugout!

Blake, wearing his "protective" gloves while holding a bat that belonged to Johnny Bench!

This is how I roll.....with BABE RUTH!  Oh yeah!!

Blake and his good pal, Ken Griffey Jr.

Jeter's bat but the signature is messed up because of the camera flash.  I'm not a photographer so don't judge me!

Another view of Derek's (yes, we're on a first name basis) bat!


Blake trying to kiss the bat!

Lola finally got out of her stroller and wouldn't get back in!  Oh the joy!

Lola and Genevieve coloring at the museum!

Our dear friends, Chloe and Tiffany!

Adam and cute Connor!

This is the best photo I could take of Blake in the batting cage!

Lola and Brandon in the kiddie area.  She had fun, fun, fun!




Connor showing us how it's done!



Connor sitting in the gigantic mitt!

Connor and Adam in the mitt!

My favorite photo of Connor!  He is such a cutie!

Blake enjoyed climbing on the mitt and posing for pictures!

My dad, Lola, Blake, and I!

Peek-a-Blake!

Lola was starting to get fussy!

Jess and Blake!

3 comments:

The Clayburn Family said...

I super love this blog post. We went there last year and really enjoyed it. I think I loved it the most! Such a great place to see and so close to home! Great pictures!

Kristen said...

Will you send me those pics of Connor and Adam? So glad you took all of these--they are so cute. Wish I could have come, but I'm glad you guys had so much fun!!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Lola. Except she lasted longer there than I would have. I never bring the stroller anywhere anymore because Julianna does the same thing. It's sooo annoying.