Saturday, December 4, 2010

Magical Moments!

I finally got out my Christmas piano music today.  I love playing and today was probably my best experience with holiday tunes.  Blake came and sat next to me and we sang a few songs together!  I tried to teach him how to say, "in excelsis Deo."  He has such a wonderful little voice that he just about melted my heart. 

Then Lola came and sat down next to me on the piano bench and helped me play a few notes.  She quickly returned to the couch and was content listening to me play.  I busted out the hardest version of O Holy Night I know.  Cute Blake clapped when I had finished all seven pages of it.  I told him that Nanny (my grandma) used to love to sit and listen to me play and that particular song was her favorite.  Blake's response?  "Well, she can still hear you playing it from up in heaven, Mom."  Then my heart really did melt.   Ahhhhh......moments like these........

4 comments:

{natalie} said...

That is so precious. I sometimes wish I could still play the piano. Blake is a sweetie.

Arien said...

Jealous! I wish I had a piano. Hope you guys are doing well!

Katie said...

Awwww... I just teared up. I remember Nanny sitting there listening...and the many hours we sang together.

Cecilia said...

I swear, kids are the best thing that ever happened to a person...and if you ever doubt it they come up with things like that. I forgot you played the piano, how wonderful that must be to be able to play and fill your house with Holiday Music.