Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Five on the Five!

I have another hour left on the 5th of January.  So I'm going to do a "five on the five" for ya!  I know you're ECSTATIC.....as you should be!

It is the new year.  2011.  WOW!  I thought by now we would be racing hovercrafts in the sky and wearing blue space suits or something.  We're not the Jetsons just yet, I guess!  *I never watched the Jetsons just so you know....I've only heard about them.*

Anyway, here are FIVE things that are on my mind.  One of them should be getting to my point a lot faster.  I talk (type) too much, huh?  Sorry!  Oh (yeah, I'm still not done) and these are not "resolutions" per se.  I don't like to feel too badly if (when) I fail!

1.  I want to finish the book I've been trying to write for several years now.  And I want to print the two books I HAVE finished.  Maybe I'll blurb them this year!?!

2.  I want to sell this stinkin' house and actually LIVE with my husband.  I know I'm being a big baby about it but GEEZ.....this is LAME!!!  We are starting our 6 month of living apart and 6 months is WAY TOO LONG!

3.  I am so blessed.  Seriously.  After I just complained in number 2.....I realized (and only just now...ha) that I shouldn't be such a wuss.  I need to pony up and realize that things really could be a lot worse.  I have a house.  My husband has a job.  I have a car that works.  My family pretty much rocks!  My kidlets are the GREATEST things in the whole wide world.  And guess what?  They're MINE!!!!  I want to be nicer to them every single day!  And I want to make the best memories EVER this year!  And guess what?  I CAN!!!!!   You should, too! :)

4.  I'm going to rock myself back down to skinny town!  I know I'm crazy.  My goal here should be to stop being so dang psycho about weight issues.  But that's a whole new ball of crazy and we don't want to bounce that right now! ;)  So instead I'm going to Dance Central myself down a couple sizes!  WOO HOO!  Thank you, Santa  Billy, for bringing me such an awesome present!

5.  I want to blog EVEN more!  How could I do that, you might be asking?  I don't know.  Because I already blog like A LOT.  Maybe my goal should be to motivate my readers to leave comments?!?  I only feel cool when I have some comments.  So be blaming yourself for my not "coolness" if you are reading this and NOT leaving comments!  ;)  That's all!

And because this is my first blog of the year, I have to leave you with a photo from today!  Blake and Lola were snuggling on the couch.  Of course they both moved when I took the pic.  But it's still pretty darn cute! 


*Side note* And of course I didn't mention the fact that I will be obsessively watching U of L sports (as usual) and getting hyped up about the Super Bowl.  I'm predicting a win for New England (whos isn't)!  For the record....I can't stand the Patriots (and Tom Brady's hair).  But hey, talent is talent and I think they will win!  Enough predictions for me.  I'm not Nostradamus, afterall!  Happy 2011!

8 comments:

k to the dizzle said...

Yes, yes you should resolve to not be so psycho...but seriously--I so wish you would get to live with your hubs--and by me! I miss you and love you and think that if you blog even more, you'll that much more awesome. A new level of awesomeness would be achieved....seriously!

Michelle said...

Okay, you SO need to bounce the ball SKINNY MINNY!!!! And you are the coolest even if you never had a comment posted! Happy New Year!!Love Ya Chica!~

Unknown said...

hi hun! that photo is fab, my new years resolution is def to read more of your blogs...and lose the baby weight, i hear ya bout your weight obsession, i'm SOOO with you! can't believe how big lola is, or blake for that matter, he was only teeny tiny when we first met.... awwwww... god we're getting old.... (always important to end on a positve note!) Aileen xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi, I read your blog. You are very talented with words. I am not. You are cool. Jess and I are jealous of your kinect. I am out.
-Brandon

Kristen said...

I'm jealous of the Kinect, too. And I guess that means I should be jealous of the Xbox that goes with it cause we don't have one of those either! And you're not a big baby at all--6 months apart from your husband is incredibly hard and I truthfully don't know how you guys do it. Love ya!

Rebecca said...

Um- FINISH THE BOOK! I'm always looking for something to read and I'm sure I will love what you've written!

The Clayburn Family said...

I like everything you said in this post, EXCEPT the Patriot SB win!! Boo to that. I do agree though, that his hair is super lame. Who is he trying to fool? He is a goody goody who is trying to look like a bad boy. Gay!!!

Anonymous said...

Does Kinect have Michael Jackson Experience? We are pretty much addicted to that at our house. And I got biggest loser on the wii. Just more things for you to play at my house on Wii Wednesday as soon as you sell your stinkin house!