Wednesday, January 19, 2011

SHOCKING!!!

I'm SOOOOO very beyond annoyed with getting shocked 852 times a day.  Seriously.  The static electricity in this house is enough to power a whole country (I'm pretty sure).  This is just one of the many reasons why I dislike the winter.  I have to walk around turning on lights with my elbow (because the shock on my elbow through my clothes isn't QUITE as painful)!  I have to walk around with cold toes because if I wear my socks or slippers, it increases the shocking incidents by about ten times.  And.......I'm tired of it!

Reasons why I'll be happy when it FINALLY starts to warm up outside:

1.  I won't have to pay a million dollars (roughly) on my Vectren gas heating bill.  I keep my house temp set at 68 but the bill is still extremely high.  I'm thinking of setting the heat even lower but I think the hospital bill for hypothermia might be just as costly!!!

2.  I won't have to shovel snow.  I don't like it.  Like AT all.  In fact, I don't love snow.  I'm about ready to pack up and move to Hawaii.  Seriously.  Except I can't afford it.  And with just complaining about my high heating bill and all, it wouldn't make much sense!!

3.  I can resume my daily walks OUTSIDE.  Of course I love exercising with my Kinect, but I really miss my walks (and my banana peel decomposition observations)!

4.  I won't get shocked.

5.  I won't get shocked.

6.  I won't get shocked.

7.  Oh, wait did I already mention I WON'T GET SHOCKED?!?!?  That should probably be the number one reason I will gladly bid adieu to this lousy weather!



Check out Lola's static electricity!  It's crazy!  I bet she got good and shocked when she touched something! ;)

Hope your lives aren't as "shocking" as ours have been lately! :)

9 comments:

NowSoLA Vintage said...

I left a little something for you on my blog today...stop by and check it out :-)
http://nowsolavintage.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger.html

Rebecca said...

Dear Sarah- you were clearly meant for life in Southern Mississippi! Little Ernie wore shorts comfortably on Monday (it was 70 degrees). I despise shoveling snow and getting shocked too. I'm so sorry!

easleyfamily said...

I love you! I hate that shocking business...no fun! AND...thanks for commenting on all of my make-up posts...you rock!

Tara said...

I TOTALLY agree! I'm going crazy with the shocks! And paying heating bills for TWO houses really, REALLY stinks.

*A* said...

Ha Ha! Painfully funny post! P.S. I like your music on your blog! I can't wait for spring too. I've had enough!

Anonymous said...

WOW! That picture is awesome!!! I actually love static electricty. I love rubbing my socked feet all over the carpet and then chasing my victim. It's great. Make the static electricity your friend.

Shelly Trout said...

sarah, i love your posts they make me laugh, i love the Picture my hair looks like that to every day its cold out... i hate the winter i am ready for Spring i'm over the SNOW

michypete said...

Try living in Minnesota! It is so cold here. It was -35 below zero this morning when we woke up....Brrrrr!! I think Hawaii sounds super awesome right about now too!!

Jenn said...

hahahaha, you are hilarious!! Did you ever have shock wars with your sisters or brother when you were younger? We did all the time, it was fun. Maybe you should try it with Blake and Lola:)The other day I got shocked by our dog's shock collar...no it wasn't around my neck..I thought I was carefully carrying across the "shock line" in our backyard. Uhm...it kinda hurt and I wouldn't recommend it.