Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Negative Nancy

So is it bad to follow my "happy" post with one like this?  Probably.  I'm trying SUPER hard not to focus on all the negative things in my life.  But apparently, it isn't working.  Things.  Are.  Falling.  Apart.

What is bringing me down, you ask?  Well, life in general, I suppose!  First of all, I'm getting BEYOND frustrated with the stupid diet I'm on.  I have all these "goals"  and "target weights" and all kinds of nonsense.  And since I've been having a lot of stressful things "pop up," I haven't been nearly as strict on my diet as I should be.  So I'm mad that when I could at least be losing weight and making myself happy, I'm not even successful at that (for the moment).

Next, I'm irritated by the fact that we got a letter from the IRS saying we owe a pretty large amount of money from our 2009 taxes.  Might I add that it was an error made by Billy's former employer.  Not us.  We did everything right and have no clue what is going on.  What I do know?  I'm blingin' mad.

I'm also frustrated with my thyroid condition.  I've been on medication for an underactive thyroid since I was 18.  Since I've had Lola, the medication is messed up about every 3 months.  Why is that so annoying?  Mainly because I never have health insurance and I have to pay 55 bucks a pop every couple of months to have my arm stuck a hundred times by a needle.  Ugh.  Well I need my blood taken again.  Only I realized last night that the credit card I use to pay for the blood work is GONE.  So yeah....to sum it up:  I need my blood taken but can't get it taken because I LOST MY CREDIT CARD! ARRRGHHH!!!!

And if that's not enough......Billy isn't coming home until February (which isn't that far away but saying it like that makes it sound worse).  Oh, and Blake's sick.  Apparently they have the plague going on at his school.  Okay maybe not the plague.  Now I'm just being dramatic.  But it is pretty bad.  Body aches, cough, fever.  Oh my.  So far, he is only showing a few signs of some of those things!  I'll let you know if it gets worse!!!

Okay I'm done.  Sorry for being such a Debbie downer.  Again, I know things in my life could be MUCH, MUCH worse.  And I know people out there are experiencing things that I can't even fathom!  This post is mainly just for me to vent!  And sometimes I laugh at myself for being such a dork.  So far I'm not laughing.  But maybe when I read this in like a week or a month or a year....I just might chuckle.  Maybe.

The other day, Lola found her sunglasses. She thought it was hilarious and Blake really wanted me to take a picture.  So when I find myself in the depths of despair, I can just look at this photo and it will make everything right again! 

5 comments:

kdizzle said...

That picture is awesome--she totally has my face shape with the pointy chin! I can't wait to play for 3 days!!!

You're entitled to be upset, and to vent. And I feel 100% confident that you will laugh about this, sooner than later, I hope. Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Lola's adorable. I'll cross my fingers that Blake gets better and not worse.

Just think how much you're going to appreciate the good times. Hang in there.

The Miranda's said...

hang in there...Your kids are adorable and your husband is working hard for you guys...but I'm sorry for everything..we actually went through a tax thing like that too...maybe we'll have to talk about it.

Kristen said...

The IRS is the king of negativity. The other day we got this threatening letter from them "just to remind us" that if we move before 3 years is up we have to pay back the big tax credit we got when we bought the house.
And maybe you can at least be glad Billy doesn't work for the other place anymore cause if you thought they didn't have it together before...well now you have confirmation.
Hang in there--we love you and there are lots of us praying for you.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Nancy. I don't know how you do it. ivan left tonight until Sunday. It's just a tiny taste of what you are going through. But, enough of a taste to know I don't like it. Thank goodness for TV, right? And for you, sports! Hang in there my friend.