Thursday, January 27, 2011

CARTOON CRAZIES!!!

Okay first of all....don't judge me!  My kids seem to be watching a lot of cartoons lately.  Yeah, I know.  I'm a bad mom.  But I'm pretty much worn out at the end of the week (and the beginning....and the middle....if I'm being honest).  It's not like I use the TV as a "babysitter" because I'm watching, too!  ;)  Seriously, though, some of these cartoon characters are nuts.  And I'd rather be stabbing a fork into my eyeball (GROSS) than watching half of them.  Case in point?????  Well, let me sum it up for you:

1.  Caillou.  That should be all I have to say.  He's the most annoying kid on the planet.  In fact, I had to ban Blake from watching him back in the day when he started to develop an attitude.  Unfortunately, Lola is following her brother's footsteps and also enjoys (UGH) watching the "sass master," Caillou.

2.  Max and Ruby.  They live alone?  Enough said.  Oh and Max is a BIG time brat.  I thought Caillou was bad (and he is...).  Pshaw!

3.  Clifford.  I do give them props for actually NOT making the dogs talk.  Because that is just down right unbelievable!  But Clifford is REALLY big.  And REALLY red.  I mean it's kinda ridiculous.

4.  Kipper.  Kipper is really pretty cool because he has an English accent.  But the show often has weird things on it....like aliens and ghosts.  Ghosts?  Yeah, ghosts.  Granted, it was a friendly ghost (probably related to Casper) but still....

5.  Elmo.  I love the red furry friend as much as the rest of you.  In fact, when I HAVE to be subjected to these cartoons, Elmo is my first choice.  But Mr. Noodle.......he has got to go.  I just don't get why Elmo asks him questions when he is too much of a loon to answer them.  Those annoying kid voices have to tell him 82 times what to do before he is of any help at all.  Seriously.

6.  Curious George is another cartoon I actually like.  But I'm kinda sick of the man in the yellow hat.  Because his name should be, "the man in the yellow hat and yellow outfit that he never, ever, ever, EVER changes."

7.  And finally, there is Maisy.  The most ridiculous cartoon EVER made.  Yes, I am giving it that award.  And because of HOW ridiculous it is, I can't help but laugh.  The characters, instead of talking, make the craziest sounds I've ever heard.  And there is another character (Maisy) who lives all alone.  She seems WAY too young to live in a house by herself in the middle of nowhere.  Just sayin'........

----Side  note----Charlie and Lola (where we got the idea to name our Lola) is actually a wonderful cartoon.  I love the English accents.  And the characters.  Too bad I can't get Lola to watch it.  Blarg.  Maybe someday soon......Until then, I'm stuck with all the annoying cartoon crazies that my kids choose to watch.  I should really consider banning them from TV.  But then what would I do?!?!?  ;)

And I have to include this photo of Lola and Blake watching Elmo yesterday.  I will also let on that I'm mainly including this picture so Billy can complain about the "poor quality" of my phone photos.  Tee hee hee!




12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I HATE agent Oso. He makes me crazy. I think we should get together and write a cartoon. CERTAINLY, it would be better than ALL of these!

Anonymous said...

I have to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE Charlie and Lola, we all try to speak in Brit-ish while watching them. I have Agent Oso, the Doodlebops that used to be on Disney and ANYTHING on Cartoon Network. Seriously, why is there a network for cartoons that children shouldn't watch? I haven't ever seen anything on there worth watching. The exception is on Boomerang (free spot on insight) where you can watch the Smurfs. Yep, still a smurf watcher. :) oh, and this is Stacy

The Clayburn Family said...

One of the funniest blog posts EVER!! Thanks for the giggles!!!

Rebecca said...

Ernie and I think that Caillou is the spawn of Satan. We hate Caillou. He is rude and whiny and his parents are pushovers.

Anonymous said...

How in the heck could you knock Maisy??? It IS ridiculous, but in the very BEST way. I like to talk in a Charlie voice as much as possible. I don't know about the others, but now we will stay far far away from Caillou. Thanks for the heads up. Also, I heart you and your kiddos. ---Shnarf!!

Brandi said...

Haha....I love it! I know exactly how you feel. They are some cartoons that just drive me nuts so those are not allowed. We mostly try to watch KET. For whatever reason, Cadence enjoys iCarly on Disney. It's funny, but I want to know why there are not parents around. I understand the dad is an astronaut, but where is mom or the guardian???? We need the old school cartoons back.

dstrytruitt said...

I totally feel you, and I don't judge.

We are pretty steady with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Dora, Diego, Handy Manny, Phenius & Ferb, Yo Gabba Gabba, Ni Hao Kai-lan, Mrs Spider, and...Family Guy and American Dad (aka Family Guy's brother).

That said, the personal DVD player we got for Jack (wonderful investment that I highly recommend) gets the most use by far--lots and lots of Toy Story and Cars.

Do what you need to do when you need to do it.

Anonymous said...

Just be glad that you have cable and you aren't stuck watching the same Elmo DVD's and 3 Toy Story movies over and over. - B to tha randon

Cecilia said...

That is so funny! I totally agree about Mr. Noodle...There was one where his brother came to town to do a family dance and it was wierd...really wierd...no family should be that close.

Kristy said...

OMG Sarah, I HATE Caillou!!! What a whiney brat! The 3 year old I babysit for loves it, and I have to say no to watching it. It just makes me frown, and who needs more wrinkles!!!

The Miranda's said...

Are we sitting in the same household?!?! I hate cartoons all together!

*A* said...

He he he! Funny post! I kind of like the backyardagains, but their songs can get annoying!!