Thursday, January 13, 2011

Dude, Where's My.....TRASH CAN?!?

Yes, you read that right.  My trash can.  So in these parts, garbage day is on Tuesday.  And I usually bring my can back up the driveway Tuesday evening.  Well, after all the snow we had, I didn't feel like schlepping the can back up on Tuesday.  Apparently I should have.  I went out to get it today and it was GONE!  So now I have four plastic bags of dirty diapers hanging out in my garage because I'm not sure what to do?!?  Who takes a trash can?  I mean, if it happened by accident, wouldn't they know they had TWO cans in their garage?  Hmmm.....

Well, I've had a bit of a bad week (to put it mildly).  I've been stuck in the house since Sunday (which is, apparently, enough to make me go crazy).  I don't own a shovel and haven't been able to get out.  Billy is of course....gone.  Blake is gone.  And Lola and Luca are collaborating on how to make me go insane!  Mission has been accomplished.  The garbage can?  That was the last straw.  You know.....the straw that broke the camel's my back!  That's pretty much all it took to push me over the edge.  I realized that as I sat on my couch crying because I no longer had a trash receptacle.

So what did I do?  I decided to break free!  I went to run a few errands.  And when I went out to the car, I saw something that made me happy!  I applied this decal on Sunday but as you know, I haven't left the house since.  I kinda forgot I had it.  And even though it made me think of the U of L loss last night (BOOOOO), it still made me smile!


And besides it being totally cool, it made me laugh because it SOOOO isn't even my family!  I mean yeah, there is a character for Billy, Blake, Lola, Luca, and I.  But there is also a random baby and a cat.  No, I'm not pregnant.  And no, I'm not getting a cat.  Other irony?  I've always laughed at the thought of putting a stick people family on my car.  Until I found this one.  You know me.....if it has to do with the Louisville Cardinals, I want it! :)

I got myself out of my funk today (for the moment).  But I'm still minus one big blue trash can.  So whoever you are (and I'm pretty sure you're not reading this....), bring it back! 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT??? I totally remember you making fun of those stick families. And now you have one. HA HA HA HA!!! Before I finished reading your post I kept looking at the picture over and over trying to figure out who was who! Glad you didn't add new family members without telling me. It does seem appropriate that you are portrayed as a STICK, you tiny thing! I can't believe someone stole your trash can. Maybe they needed it more than you??? Where the heck are your hometeachers and why aren't they shoveling your driveway????

Gentry Sanders said...

Go Big Blue (trash can), Go! I thought that was funny since you're a U of L fan, but I am a corn ball. Don't judge me ;-)

The Miranda's said...

I'm sorry someone stole your trash can! How dare them! But I'm glad some U of L car sticker made you happier. : ) And please call me if you get stuck in your home again. Seriously, I'm at home with my kids too! 698-7790

The Miranda's said...

And cute new blog and family picture!

shelly trout said...

Love your blog. just keep writing...

Cecilia said...

Seriously that is so funny. I will remember that a good time to get an extra trash can is during a snow storm or shortly thereafter...I could use a second one, I am sure...

Rosemarie said...

That happened to me once. I really didn't miss it until trash day. Since I forgot about it and it wasn't sitting there staring at me to pull it back in - I totally forgot. I thought the same thing 'who would want MY trash can???"