Friday, January 21, 2011

Bloggerific!

My dear friend from high school, Lara gave me an honor the other day!  She acknowledged my blog in her post for the day! :)  YAY!  It made me super happy!  And in order to receive this award, I'm supposed to tell you guys seven things about me.  For those of you who have been following my blog since it was born (almost a year ago), you probably think you know all there is to know about me!  And maybe you do.  I will try not to mention all the same 7 things I did way back when I was introducing myself to the world of blog.

1.  My motto used to be, "I can't eat it unless it's crunchy."  And I still agree with it though it is no longer my "motto."  If my burrito doesn't have lettuce in it; I won't eat it.  If my sandwich doesn't have lettuce on it; take it away.  And so on....

2.  Without sports, my life would totally be incomplete.  It's true.  And just to make sure EVERYONE on earth knows my favorite teams in every sport, I will put it out there again!  My favorite soccer team is Chelsea.  I also cheer for Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga.  My favorite baseball team is the Yankees.  My favorite NBA team is the Pacers.  My favorite college soccer, basketball, and football teams of course come from U of L (GO CARDS).  And my favorite NFL team is the Bengals (laugh, if you will.....one of these years, they will be good)!

3.  I lived in Oklahoma twice.  Once in Enid when I was a child and my dad was stationed there (Air Force).  Then I moved to Lawton when Layne joined the Army.  Yeah, I think it's weird that I lived in Oklahoma, too.  I didn't love it.  Sorry, Okies.  My favorite part about living there was how close I was to Texas! 

4.  I love having painted nails and toenails but I'm usually too lazy to do either in the winter!  I told you....I'm trying to come up with 7 things I haven't told you before!  If you're bored....I'm sorry!  My life is kinda (really) lame!

5.  I clean up Lola's blocks about 67 times per day.  It's fun.  You should try it.

6.  I love arcades.  I especially love Gattiland in Louisville.  I pretend like I'm "taking one for the team" when Blake "forces" us to go there.  But secretly, I'm in heaven.  Who doesn't like playing ridiculous games for tickets to redeem ridiculous prizes?  And the pizza buffet there also makes me really happy!

7.  I'm still a Virgo.  Yeah.  That whole astrology thing and earth shifting thing makes no sense to me (can you tell???).  All I know is I'm still a Virgo.  And if the new chart told me I wasn't, I wouldn't listen.  Cuz that's how I roll!

There ya go!  Seven things about me.  So now I have accepted my award.  And I like it!  I'm also supposed to suggest 10 blogs I love.  I tried but I CAN'T do that though because I would hurt feelings left and right!  What I can do is direct your attention to the left of this post.  There you will find my blog list.  I read ALL those blogs on a regular basis and they ALL rock my socks!  I will totally encourage everyone to check out Lara's blog.  She is new to the blogging community and she has AWESOME posts!  She's a super talented artist and sometimes she has photos of her work!  Her Etsy store is also amazing!

http://nowsolavintage.blogspot.com/

Thank you, Lara, for making my day! :)  Spread the love, blogger peeps! :)

6 comments:

NowSoLA Vintage said...

Awesome Sarah! My favorite is the crunchy rule...lol!

Anonymous said...

There are other things in life besides lettuce that will crunch....

easleyfamily said...

Totally opposites...I cannot have lettuce on ANYTHING - it's SALAD, that's all!
Love you anyhow :)

Aarontu said...

Dude! Where's my blog. Just kidding. I know you read it. So yeah I am dying to know what my new star sign is, thanks for reminding me to check that out!

The Miranda's said...

I love your blogs! And you are ALWAYS on it! I missed like 3 of them already! And I gotta tell ya..I have a lot of the same likes as you..like arcade thing..totally me..lol..maybe we should go sometime, just you and me. : )

The Clayburn Family said...

There you have it . . . we really do learn something new every day. I had no clue you liked U of L. Ha!