Monday, January 31, 2011

HAPPY! :)

And I thought last week was hard to do my "happy" post.  HA!  This is WAY harder.  Why?  Well, because we are in the middle of an ice storm.  I'm super paranoid about losing power.  Oh, and U of L just lost to Georgetown by THREE points.  AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!  Alas, I'm gonna sit here and come up with five things that make me happy at this VERY moment.  I am.  Really.  Just wait......

1.  Ummmm........I actually STAYED on my diet today.  That makes me very happy....considering the fact I was going to have to wear track suits every day for the rest of my life.  It seems my exercise clothes and a couple pairs of pants are the only thing I can successfully "rock" right now.  Not for long, my friends.  Not for long.  I'm back on the wagon!!!

2.  Ho hum.....this is really hard, I'm telling you!  I'm happy that right now, at this very moment, I can NOT smell vomit.  It could be because I just ate a frozen meal and that kinda made the house smell like food.  But hey, it sure beats smelling like puke!  Right? :)

3.  Speaking of all things disgusting.....I'm actually HAPPY to report Lola and Blake are FINALLY feeling better!  Hip hip hooray!

4.  I'm happy that I can hear the salt trucks passing by my house.  Although I'm pretty sure that NO amount of salt can take on the ice.  Ice-1 Salt-0.  Sooooo....I'm stranded in my house now.  Because unless I figure out how to strap ice skates to the car, or I get my own pair of skates, I'm too scared to leave!  But thank you, salt trucks for at least ATTEMPTING to clear the roads!  Oh, and I might need to borrow one of those trucks to leave my house at some point.....

5.  Now that I realized how many things I'm thankful for, this is easy!  I'm happy that my satellite dish (for the moment) still works and isn't frozen solid.  Because if I miss this basketball game (Texas/Texas A&M) or The Bachelor (on my DVR), my life will be ruined.  I think.......

Stay happy, peeps! :)

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh my, it's been a rough week for you!! I comfort myself with my DVR all the time. I'm so glad the kids are feeling better and that the satellite still works!

easleyfamily said...

Sounds like a rough week! Way to find things to be thankful for in the midst of it all!

The Miranda's said...

I am happy for the bachelor too! lol...it's my alone time after my kids go to bed! Let me know if you need anything! And, thanks for always commenting on my blog...seriously, I always can count on you. : )

Sweet Tweets Boutique said...

My kids are totally sick too! Vomit, dia, ear infections, pink eye.....good times! I'm addicted to the bachelor too. Go Emily!!