Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Trickin' AND Treatin'!

Awwww the joyous holiday of Halloween!  I love it so!  I really loved it this year because I didn't spend much money AT ALL on costumes!  THANK HEAVENS!  Blake wanted to be a zombie.  That was easy enough.  Billy just shredded some of his old clothes and then put food coloring all over them.  I had some paint for his face from his soccer camp over the summer.  So I seriously didn't have to buy a thing!  Not even a bag to put candy in?  Nope.  He used a pillowcase!

Lola cost a little bit more.  She wanted to be a pink butterfly (pink butterpie according to her).  We got her a set of wings and a matching pink skirt at the lovely establishment called Wal-Mart.  It was ten dollars total!  YAY for my kids! :)

We were lucky enough to be able to get our trick or treat on with some dear friends!  We went around their neighborhood with Blake and his friends.  Lola was just as into it as they were and made me run to keep up (I missed having Billy's help)!  Yeah.  I'm pretty sure I got a Biggest Loser style workout (which is good since I ate about twenty pounds of candy today....not on Halloween but TODAY....sheesh)! 

It got a bit chilly toward the end and Lola ended up in her stroller with a blanket on.  I was jealous.  But we kept on truckin'.  Those who know me, know I take trick or treating very seriously!  I mean business!  If I'm gonna be walking for three hours, my kids are gonna be scoring some good treats.  And that they did!  Blake counted over THREE hundred pieces of candy.  He will eat it for a couple days and then forget all about it.  That's bad news for me.  I can either throw it away.....or sneak some pieces myself!  Of course it will be the latter.  I'm a slight (HUGE) candy addict!  Anyway, here are the photos!  Hope everyone had a spooktacular Halloween!

*I should mention that Lola pitched a HUGE fit when I first put her wings on.  That's what the first photo is showing!  She got over it when she started getting candy in mass quantities! :)














 This is the favorite house of the night.  They got a full-size candy bar!  That's what I'm talkin' about....
 And the scariest costume goes to this guy.  YIKES!!!!

 Blake and all his loot!  HOLY CANDY!!!

No comments: