Thursday, November 24, 2011

Many, Many Thanks!

Last year, I listed a bunch of things I was thankful for on Thanksgiving.  This year, I will do the same thing.....but with a twist!  I am going to list my family members and say one thing I'm thankful for about them.  Ya ready?  It will take a while because I'm doing all my brothers and sisters and their children!

1.  Billy--I'm, of course, first and foremost grateful for my amazing husband.  He is wonderful!  He works hard to support his family and he treats me like a princess.  I can't believe I'm being so serious.  But anyway....I'm always thankful for the sacrifices Billy makes and I love him oodles!

2.  Blake--I'm thankful for his infectious laugh.  I know I say that a lot.  But his giggle really gets ya going!  He is full of sunshine and spreads his joy all around!  I'm grateful every day that he is mine!  He lights up my life, for sure!

3.  Lola--I'm thankful that she is so stinkin' cute!  She pushes my buttons a lot but she still makes me smile!  She is entertaining and full of cute things (sugar and spice and everything nice???)!  I'm glad she's mostly laid back even though at times, I'm convinced she is a wild animal! ;) 

4.  My mom and dad--Where do I even start?!?  Without my parents, I'm not quite sure where I'd be!  They are wonderful examples.  They are kind, loving, generous, forgiving, smart, AMAZING people!  They take care of their children and they never hesitate when any of us are in need.  I'm in constant awe at their willingness to give and to help others.  I love them so much and words can't BEGIN to express how thankful I am for them!

5.  Alli--The oldest child in our fabulous family.  I'm so thankful every day that Alli was adopted into our family!  She is so generous and loving.  She is one of my closest friends (as all of my siblings are).  She always makes me smile.  I wish she lived closer!  Although it's nice to be able to visit her in Florida! :)

6.  The Button family--HEE HEE!  I giggle thinking about them. Why?  Because if you ever need a laugh, Beth and Bruce are the people to call!  I grew up listening to fights between Beth and Alli.  I guess sisters who are so close in age have to do that!  But now.....we all get along and have a blast together!  I'm thankful for Beth and her wonderful sense of humor!  Bruce is a doting husband and takes such great care of Beth and their children!  I love Curtis, Nate, and Elsie so very much!  They melt my heart!  Curtis and Nate are such good friends with Blake and Lola ADORES Elsie!  They are the cutest! :)

7.  Adam, Kristen, and Connor DeLuca--I'm super thankful I had Adam to grow up with!  We were always WAY into sports and it was nice to have him to talk to!  He couldn't have married a better gal! Love that Kristen!  I got an amazing sister and friend the day he fell in love with her!  YAY!  Connor is so cute, I can hardly stand it!  I love to be able to go to their house to play with him and his many, many toys!  And I love to hear his stories about kindergarten!  Blake and Lola also love hanging out with him!  Their whole little family rocks!

8.  Katie and Creighton Klapheke--The newlyweds who are so very adorable!  Katie is such a sweetheart!  She is also very giving and goes out of her way to make sure people are taken care of!  She is always there for me and I'm thankful for that!  Creighton is an awesome brother in-law!  He takes such great care of Katie and they are a perfect couple!  I'm thankful for them!

9.  Jess, Brandon, and Genevieve Oldham--The baby of the family!  Jess is one of the nicest people on earth!  I'm thankful that she is so kind.  She is sweet and she is a wonderful mother, wife, daughter, and sister!  I look up to her a lot.  Brandon is very soft spoken but has a huge heart.  I'm so glad Jess found him!  And little Genevieve is the cutest!  Lola loves to be around her!  I wish they lived closer!

Remember always, but especially at this time of year, all the things we have to be thankful for!  Sometimes I forget how lucky I am!  But I usually try to keep that in the front of my mind.  Especially when things seems to get tough around here.  Through it all, I know I am blessed.  I'm thankful for all that I have.  I'm thankful for this country I live in and for those who protect it.  I'm thankful for my family.  I'm thankful for many wonderful friends.  Happy Thanksgiving to my awesome readers!  May you always truly know what you're thankful for! :)

1 comment:

Sweet Tweets Boutique said...

You forgot to mention me...ha ha! Love you