Monday, November 7, 2011

FIVE years!

I'm a few days late but I have to let the world know Billy and I celebrated five glorious years of marriage on Nov. 4th!  Honestly?  It seems like it's been a lot longer.  Is that bad?  I don't think so.  I think it mainly has to do with the fact that out of those five years, we've spent almost TWO of them living apart!  We're SOOOOO over our living situation!  If anyone has any job suggestions for Billy in the Indy area, PLEASE let me know! :) 

Anyway, in honor of being married for five years, I will list five random memories I have over the course of our union!  And I should note this will be a challenge since I can't remember what I did five minutes (SECONDS) ago!

1.  Billy delivering a secret treat around Halloween several years ago.  We were new to Georgetown and didn't really know a ton of people.  So we picked some of our friends and randomly dropped off goodies.  It was dark.  There was a random hammock in the yard.  Yeah.  Dark+hammock=disaster for Billy.  But many good laughs imagining him falling over it and still trying to quietly deliver the cookies!  BAH HA HA HA!

2.  Walking to McDonald's several blocks from our hotel on our honeymoon night.  We got hungry and it was the only thing open.  Downtown Seattle needs more options for late night (cheap) food!

3.  Watching Blake score his first goal in his first soccer game!  We were both thrilled!  Little did we know it was only the beginning!!!  Blake is now our soccer STAR (and our retirement plan)!  :)

4.  How nervous he was and how he wanted to drive SUPER fast to the hospital when I went into labor with Lola.  He had "seen it in the movies."  I assured him, I would be fine and I wouldn't deliver the baby in the car!  Side note---he is such a GREAT daddy!

5.  The first night in our first house (Georgetown, Ky).  We stayed up REALLY late painting the whole house.  Background info:  we were the first ones to move into the neighborhood.  We had no window treatments.  We were scared because we were sleeping on a mattress in the middle of the living room.  I guess you had to be there but it was kinda spooky!

Happy anniversary, Billy!  You're a pretty fantastic guy and I'm glad you're mine!  Here's to forever (you can't see me but I'm lifting a can of Diet Coke)!  CHEERS! :)



3 comments:

Kade and Emily said...

What a cute couple! I love the black and white photo of you two.

Sweet Tweets Boutique said...

Ahhh, you guys are cute! Love the pirate costumes. You're hot!!!

easleyfamily said...

Yay!! Happy 5th!