Friday, November 25, 2011

Movies and Basketball!

You know all that forced family fun from last weekend?  Well, I only touched on the Friday night fun!  I have to fill you in on Saturday!  It was even more action packed!  It started out with Lola's first trip to the movies!  I was very nervous.  But....we got free passes to a special screening of The Muppets (thank you, June)!  So we figured it was worth a shot!  And it was.  Yeah, Lola didn't sit still through the whole thing.  But she was okay.  And I LOVED the movie....even though I was never really a die-hard Muppet fan back in the day!  It was a great way to start my day!  The best thing?  Lola picked up a small poster from the movie and is obsessed with naming all the "muckets."  She also likes to go around singing "do do do do...mana mana" I love it!



After the movie, we headed straight to the U of L/Butler basketball game in Indy.  It was a very last minute decision.  But I'm sure glad we went.  Why?  Here's why:

1.  The Butler band.  They rock.  Literally.  I couldn't help tapping my toes to their awesome arrangements.
2.  Hinkle Fieldhouse, while very loud and full of crazy fans, was pretty fun to check out.  It was much better when Louisville started winning!  :)
3.  Blake got to high five the Butler Bulldog mascot.  Twice.  That made him happy!
4.  Blake got Walter McCarty's autograph.  He didn't know who he was but saw other kids getting his autograph so he figured he'd get in on that.  Then on our way out, I was able to walk by and identify the mysterious famous bloke.  Thank heavens I was along and am slightly obsessed with all things basketball!  Because from reading the autograph, you'd NEVER know who he was! :)
5.  Louisville won.  But I think I already mentioned that!

That was the end of our forced family fun.  We were very busy all weekend long.  We even decided to put all our Christmas stuff up since we'll be in Louisville through Sunday!  Busy or not, though, we sure did have fun!  I heart my family (and U of L basketball....and even The Muppet movie)! *SMILE*








1 comment:

easleyfamily said...

We liked the muppets too - lots of funny one-liners! :) You guys are such a cute family and I love you!