Tuesday, November 29, 2011

BLACK FRIDAY!

I had to capitalize every letter in that title.  I'm THAT crazy about the biggest shopping day of the year!  It's one of my favorite traditions of ALL time!  I love spending the wee hours of the morning freezing, standing in line, and fighting over $5.00 sandwich makers!  HA!  What I really love is spending the wee hours of the morning with my mom and my sisters!  We always have such a jolly good time!  Here are some highlights of the day!

1.  My sister, Beth, still did not get her trampoline (not really a highlight....).  It's the second year in a row.  There is all kinds of drama surrounding WHY she didn't get it (curse you, Wal-Mart and Toys R Us).  I will spare you all the details.  Just know that she BETTER get that dang trampoline next year, or somebody's going to be sorry (watch your back, WM and TRU)!

2.  My dear sister, Alli, was only along for the companionship.  Her ONE purchase?  The $5.00 gingerbread animals (named Jack and Jill) at Build-A-Bear!  Alli is such a trooper!  It isn't fun for her to leave the 80 degree Florida weather to stand outside in 40 degree weather waiting for NOTHING!!!

3.  Target still wins for the Best.  Store.  Ever.  They are organized.  They are helpful.  They are friendly.  There was NO line to check out.  YAY!  And we got a free Luna bar (YUM)!  AND....I got everything I needed!  I heart you, Target.  I really, really heart you!

4.  Best Buy?  You had CRAZY long lines to check out but I scored a good deal on a video game for Blake so I guess it was worth it.  I also enjoyed seeing the blankets and pillows (and other random things) outside your front door.  Really people?  Camping out is just nuts.  Even I can't justify that!

5.  Black Friday?  It was a complete success!  I got everything on my list.  I had a few snags (Strawberry Shortcake snafu at Toys R Us but whatevs.)!  It was all worth it!  I thank my sisters, Alli, Beth, Kristen, and Katie (we missed you, Jess) for always being willing to take on the many, many pyscho shoppers in Louisville!  And Mom?  You rock for always wanting to back out but ALWAYS pulling through!  I love you all!

Here are a couple (not so great) photos from the 2 1/2 hour wait at Target!  That's all I took because after midnight, it all went downhill.  You know, makeup smearing, hair looking crazy, eyes bloodshot, etc.  The stuff that happens when you don't sleep until 10 AM......is not so attractive! ;)



5 comments:

K Dizzle-o said...

I love it! The bonding is why we do it, there isn't anything I bought that couldn't have waited but nothing replicates the black Friday humor we all experience and create together, year after year. Creighton thinks we are completely insane but he's not the one standing there, freezing his arse off in hysterical laughter....never mind the smelly people elbowing at walmart for video games...love your faces. All of ya's!

Kristen said...

I loved it!!! BF sounds crazy, but it is totally worth it when you're with awesome people! Thanks for a great time, ladies!!

easleyfamily said...

Crazy ladies!!! I'd rather pay 5 more bucks than be cold and sleep deprived :) but I love you all!!!

*A* said...

You guys are crazy, but I'd give anything to be with you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

Even though I always say, "NEVER AGAIN," i keep showing up for the fun with my girls--it was chilly but loads of laughs, as Katie pointed out.

Mommykay