Saturday, October 29, 2011

Party Pirates!

As I mentioned in my last post, we went to Louisville after dropping Blake at the airport in Indy!  We decided since we were in town, we would hit up an AWESOME Halloween party!  Dear friends of mine who throw the party every year were totally cool with us joining in on the fun! :)  Billy was able to secure us some pretty sweet pirate costumes!  And Mom and Dad were kind enough to watch Lola for the evening!  So we pirate suited up and off we went!

The main source of entertainment at the party is the crazy scavenger hunts!  We had to group up in teams of 6 and then had to complete all the objectives.  We had THREE different hunts.  Yes THREE!  We had an information scavenger hunt.  One funny thing from that?  We had to find out how many toilets were in KFC. Since we were short on time, Billy decided it would be okay to call them to get the info.  Yeah.  The employee laughed (but then went and counted the comodes).  I wish I could have heard!  We also had to do a photo hunt.  Those are documented below!  It was pretty darn hilarious!  And we also had to actually get ten objects on a list that included things like a Burger King crown, a matchbook, a striped straw, etc!!  In addition to these tasks, we also had to complete 5 of the HARDEST puzzles I've ever seen!  Those puzzles would give us clues to pick up!  The clues ended up spelling the word GHOST!  Yeah.  We solved them all and WON the scavenger hunt!  We are WINNERS!

So that's how it went.  I should also mention that the driver of the vehicle has to have mad SKILLZ!  They have to drive fast, over curbs, and all kinds of things!  Our driver rocked.  And I was WAY nauseous.  So nauseous that I got out for the last photo (close to the house) and walked back.  And I was also so nauseous that I couldn't partake of the delicious donuts that were awaiting!  And I.  Love.  Donuts.  I tried to take a bit but it almost came back up.  TMI?  Sorry!  But even through the motion sickness from riding around and solving puzzles at the same time, we had a GREAT time!  Thank you Jeff and Christine for hosting the best party ever (even if we didn't win the best costume contest)!!!

The photos are as follows (I have to do it this way because if I put captions under them, it  messes up my blog book at the end of the year....lame, i know)!!!

1.  Me on the way to the party! Aarrrgggghhh!  2 and 3 (because Billy looks funny in the second one...I posted both).  We had to take a photo at the police station.  Notice the camera on the building.  I hope they don't check their footage from Friday night!!!  4.  We had to hula in front of the Cornerstone church.  5.  We had to lift our leg on a RED fire hydrant (and yes...I totally almost fell over)!  6.  Cheering in a dugout.  7.  Posing at a waterfall (which we found at the library)!  8.  Zombies at a dead end sign.  9.  Decorating a cart at Kroger with our Halloween decals (it was supposed to be a CAR but Billy heard the instructions incorrectly)!  10.  Posing with a Jack-O-Lantern pizza which we found at Papa Murphy's.  11.  Acting like crooks (except for smiling me who didn't know what we were supposed to do....and didn't much care because I was about to vomit at that point) at a neighborhood watch sign!  12.  Chatting after the scavenger hunt (yes...I'm still trying hard NOT to be sick).  13.  The fabulous party hosts in their super rad Marge and Homer Simpson costumes.  14.  The photo taken as we arrived at the party.  15-18.  Photos taken at my mom and dad's before we left for the party!
















 

No comments: