Tuesday, October 4, 2011

September 24th!

What happened on this glorious day?!?  We drove all the way to Columbus, Ohio to watch the Crew/Galaxy game!  Was I deathly ill?  Yes.  I was.  Was it super fun anyway?  Yes.  It was!

We left after Blake's football game (where he scored two touchdowns.....ahem....had to brag)!  We checked into our awesome hotel and then went straight to Crew Stadium.  We got there SUPER early so we could get some autographs.  We were anxiously awaiting the arrival of David Beckham and all the other stars of the Galaxy.  I'm not a huge fan of Landon Donovan.  And he didn't sign autographs.  And he looked like a dork.  Okay, now that's off my chest.....

Now I can address the Beckham issue.  He didn't play.  He didn't even come to Columbus.  For the FOURTH year in a row.  LAME!  There were many, many disappointed fans.  My dreams of seeing THE David Beckham in real life have pretty much been dashed.  But guess what?  Robbie Keane kinda made up for it.  The Irish cutie came over from the EPL this season and he was at the game.  And he signed autographs.  And.....he SMILED at me!  There is a picture of him below (in the blue tracksuit).

So all in all....we had a wonderful weekend.  We won't mention the fact that the Crew lost 1-0 in stoppage time (like the 91st minute).  BLAH!!!!  We were also super excited that our dear friends were able to go to Columbus with us!  A big thank you to the Barnes for being so awesome!  We all had such a great time!  And I remain a devoted Crew fan despite the loss and stuff! :):)











1 comment:

easleyfamily said...

You guys are fanatics :) I love it!!!