Monday, October 10, 2011

A Decade Plus FIVE!

I graduated from high school FIFTEEN years ago.  What the WHAT?!?  That makes me feel old just typing that out.  I mean, I guess I should feel good because we weren't part of the class of '81 reunion that was also going on over the weekend.  I mean those people are old.  Like SUPER old.  But still.....the class of '96.  Wow.  Fifteen years ago......

Anyway, we pretty much had the best reunion ever!  Yeah, I said it!  We started with a tour of the high school.  It was interesting.  I'm not gonna lie.....I was kind of spacing out because I'm pretty sure it was 120 degrees (approximately) inside the school.  So instead of getting into the tour, I was more concerned with not blacking out.  I was that hot. 

Then we were off to the homecoming football game!  You know that made me happy!  I heart football!  Unfortunately I didn't get to watch much because I was a little busy chatting with my buddies!  At halftime, we left to enjoy some pizza at our old stomping grounds!  Don't worry....I had a friend updating me (through texts) with scores from the game.  Oldham County lost by one.  Sad.  But pizza?  YUM!  We had a blast!

Some highlights of the weekend:

1.  Not passing out from a heat stroke in the high school.
2.  Almost walking the track during the game for old times' sake.......
3.  Eating a lot of pizza and catching up with old (like class of '96 OLD....) friends! :)
4.  Leaving Hometown Pizza to wake up a dear friend at 12:30 A.M.  She loved it.  No really, she did.  We weren't at all loud or disturbing.  Did we walk past a cop?  Twice?  Why, yes.  Yes we did.  Did Chad attempt to climb up on the roof?  Yup.  He did that.  Did Stephanie almost call the cops?  She sure did.  But it sure was fun!
5.  Staying up until 7 in the morning.  And then waking up at 8:30.  Highlight?  Or just something totally stupid?  Well.  It was pretty fun.  But I was a little weird and stuff after staying up so late.  And I'm pretty sure I will never be able to catch up on my sleep!
6.  The redneck wedding at the park.  We enjoyed seeing the bride change into her dress in the nasty outdoor MEN'S bathroom.  And we couldn't believe she was puffing away on a cig after the ceremony!  Way to stay classy!
7.  Making some super awesome memories.  But I'm kinda old.  So who knows if I will still remember those in a few weeks!  But for now.....I still hold them dear!

















Oldham County High School class of 1996......we all pretty much ROCK! :):):)  Thank you for a fabulous weekend!

4 comments:

NowSoLA Vintage said...

Awww...looks like such a fun time. I miss all of those smiling faces and was sad I couldn't make it again this time. Sounds like it was great & everyone still looks amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

You make me laugh when you talk about being old. I guess it's all relative.

It looks like it was a good time.

Rebecca said...

Love it!! Especially that crazy bride. Wow.

Casey Wallace said...

Glad you guys had fun! Wish we could've come... but would you believe Mike is gone yet again?! Yes, you would. ;)

Loved seeing all familiar faces in the pics!