Monday, October 17, 2011

HOTlanta!

WHAT?!?  I was gone AGAIN over the weekend?!? Yes I was and it was awesome!  I'm so happy that I got to spend two weekends in a row catching up with some of my very dear high school friends!  Granted, I missed my family but I needed a break and it was amazing!  And it was also my last solo trip for a LONG time!

I must admit that I never caught up on my sleep from the 15 year reunion last weekend.  So now I'm officially REALLY exhausted.  Also, apparently I talk a lot on road trips.  I've pretty much lost my voice.  I send out my sincerest apologies to all my car-riding buddies.  I know it was painful to listen to me blab on and on (and on....) for eight hours (x2 since we had to go there AND back...)!

Here are a few things I learned from the little vacation:

1.  Some places in Georgia are kinda scary to me (Dalton, I'm talking about you....well at least the Chili's in Dalton)!

2.  There is a Cracker Barrel (Crapper Barrel, is what I call it) at EVERY exit from here to Atlanta.  I'm blaming them for the obesity "situation" here in this lovely land.

3.  Wearing heels to a wedding at Dunaway Gardens is a challenge.  I almost fell/twisted my ankle about 82 (approximately) times over the course of the evening.

4.  I still love to dance.  Once the music is on, I can't stop the toes from tappin'!

5.  Georgia Bulldog fans are pretty much the craziest fans ever.  Ever.  No, I mean EVER!  On our way home, we saw about 100 cars (roughly) on their way home from the football game.  Let me just say that if you don't have four flags on your car, you aren't really a fan.  Yeah.  They pretty much had a flag on each window.  Oh and stickers and things ALL over the car.  And I thought I was the biggest fan ever (of U of L, of course...not Georgia).  But I'm thinking the Bulldog fans are gonna give me a run for my money!  Unless I go and get like eight flags (or more) for my car next time I'm in the Ville. 

6.  My friends are AWESOME!!!!

It was such a wonderful wedding and I was so glad to be able to attend!  The weather was perfect!  The bride was beautiful and everything went off without a hitch!  Here are a lot of photos of our little adventure with some fabulous friends!  Also...thank you, Billy for being such an amazing husband!  Not only did he take care of the kids TWO weekends in a row, but he also cleaned the house from top to bottom!  It was such a thrill to come home to!  I love my little family! :)




















Kinda looks like the Texas Longhorn, right?!?






4 comments:

Cecilia said...

You went to Atlanta! Ahhh, my hometown. I love that place and yes sorry for the "crapper" barrels all along the way. I had never been there until my husband showed me the "light" on a date one time! Anyways, it looks like you had fun!

*A* said...

Wish I looked 10 years younger than my friends! Lucky!!

Rebecca said...

Fun times! And yes, Bulldog fans are insane. You should see my brother in law. Hats off to Billy for being father/husband of the year!

dstrytruitt said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Thanks for keeping us updated!