Thursday, October 27, 2011

Frequent Flyer!

Said frequent flyer would be.....BLAKE!  He has flown all over the place!  Yesterday, he took off to Tampa, Florida.  The difference between that and all of his other flights?  Well he flew all by himself yesterday.  That's right.  He was officially a UM (unaccompanied minor).  I was FREAKING out.  Like big time.  The ticket was purchased a while ago.  So I had all kinds of time to stew about all the things that "could" happen.  I couldn't sleep at night.  I would get on the internet almost every day to see how much it would cost for me to just go ahead and buy myself a ticket to make Blake an AM (accompanied minor).  I didn't.  I decided that I had to relax (deeeeeep breaths) and let him go.  I was the one who was scared.....not him.  Although he did sorta hesitate for a moment at the airport yesterday.  He realized he was going without me and wasn't the happiest kid around.  But he got over it quickly (I hope)!

With all that background information being said.....I can say that he left and landed in Tampa without a hitch.  I was still nervous and I almost cried on several occasions.  Which if you know me, you know I don't really cry too often.  So this was big business, folks.  But I did it.  I let him fly.  ALONE.  He did have his dear friends iPod, Dsi, and books with him.  With those friends....I guess he didn't really need me.

Now that it's all said and almost done (I still have to pick him up on Sunday), I can breathe a sigh of relief.....that is until it all happens again at Christmas!!!!  UGH!!!!

And since a blog isn't as cool without photos (and I was clearly too distracted with ANXIETY at the airport to take a pic of Blake), I will include some random shots from my new iPhone!  The first photo is of Blake with his sea serpent.  He made it in art class and his teacher told him it was the best in the class.  Pardon his hair.  We're having serious "issues" about that right now.  He's winning but I'm determined in this battle!  He just got home from soccer and wanted me to take a photo to send to his artist aunt Jess.  So I did (and Jess...these are for you)!  The second photo is just the sea serpent.  The third photo was taken today at my parent's house.  Lola LOVES their dog, Murphy.  She loves him so much that she hopped off the couch to join him on the floor!  Now that's devotion!

Happy Thursday everyone!  Sheesh.....this blog just never ends!  Okay, I'm done!  I promise!  Maybe....



Now I'm done.  For realsies!  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad everything went well and he made it safe and sound!
--Kay DeLuca