Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Trip to Sarah's World!

I know you all have been dying for an update!  I can see all of your heads nodding in unison.  Yeah.  You better be!  What's been going on over here?  Oh.....a little bit of this and a lot of bits of that.

1.  Lola is crazier than ever.  It's been one (or two or three...) of those weeks.  She's started crawling out of her crib (again) on some days.  She has decided to unhook her seat belt in her car seat.  Which is awesome because what do I do with that?  I'll tell you what.....pray every time I'm in the car, I don't get pulled over.  Could you imagine?!?  Sorry Officer...my kid is NUTS!  Anyway, I have tried everything to keep her in (the top part of) the seat belt.  It's not working.  Also.....she is banned from crayons.  Again.  For the rest of her life.  Why?  This is why.  And it isn't the first time.

2.  Blake has kept me busy, as usual!  Besides soccer and football practices EVERY day, he has a few new obsessions!  What might they be?  Paper football.  You know that game where your hands are the goal posts and the football is made out of a triangle shaped piece of paper?  Yeah.  I spend all my "spare" time taking on Blake in some serious games of the "sport."  Other interests?  Watching The Sing Off.  Yeah. I let him stay up a little late on Monday nights.  He also discovered Jolly Ranchers (yes, the hard candy we all love so much).  He thinks he can eat three before bed since that is "the serving size."  I, however, think that this habit will have him welcoming a whole new set of silver teeth!!!!  Oh, and he also got a set of fake moustaches.  He has a lot of fun with them and has inspired the party I'm throwing soon (the 'stache bash).  Yeah.  It's happening.


3.  Me.  I am currently sick with what feels like the plague.  It has been going on for a week now.  Each day I sound more and more like a dude.  And singing Lola to bed?  It's pretty terrible.  I kinda want to tape it and disgrace myself on Youtube.  It's THAT bad!  I have been busy trying to get better (you know....lazing about while watching two kids by myself).  I'm of course VERY busy now that all the fall shows are back on tv.  And I'm trying.....REALLY trying to work on writing that book I started ages ago.  Or the other book I started writing a couple weeks ago.  Or.......you get the idea!  Life is crazy right now.  And here is a photo of me (courtesy of Lola....she gets to play with my phone when all other entertainment fails at Blake's various sports practices)!  I think she might have a real talent!  Bwah ha ha ha!



I hope things are going swimmingly in your world!!  Have a fabulous week!  :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to come to the stache bash!!! PLEASE!!! Or, is it just for Blake and his friends?? Julianna officially learned to escape her crib. What a sad day. The others never did. So she is now in a toddler bed with a lock on her door like an animal. It works though. I don't even want to jinx a thing by mentioning she hasn't escaped her carseat...yet. That sounds horrible.

Anonymous said...

FYI, did you fix the comment thing? My last one just went ahead and worked!!! No preview, word verification, nothing! THANK YOU!!!

Rebecca said...

Argh. Crayons, playdoh, and chewing gum are some things that are contraband at our house too! Love Blake's moustache :)

Cecilia said...

So I love that you are having a stache' party. Seriously, so funny and if I lived near you I would beg to come. You will have to let us know how that forever ban goes with the crayons.

Get better, being sick with kids is no fun.

Beth said...

Please have a stache bash. It's on my list of parties to attend before I die.