Monday, September 19, 2011

The Day I Turned 33.......

Was a glorious day!!  I mean besides the fact that I'm pretty old now, it wasn't too bad!  And I'm pretty sure I blogged about the fact that I spent the whole last year thinking I was already 33.  So I'm good with "repeating" this age! :)

I kicked off my birthday weekend by watching the Boise State Broncos win on Friday night!  YAY!  Then Billy and I stayed up really late watching Mr. Deeds.  It was wicked awesome.  We were both very tired the next day but I'm pretty sure it was worth it.  May I also point out that we have seen the movie a million times AND we own it.  Was it really necessary to stay up until 2 AM?  Probably not.  But was it worth it?  Heck yeah.

Saturday (my actual birthday) was amazing!  Billy and Blake got up early and decorated the house with all kinds of banners and signs (as pictured below).  They are so cute!  It made my day!  After that, it was all about sports, sports, sports!  Blake had a football game.  His team lost 8-6 but Blake scored the only touchdown for his team (and it rocked).  He got a fumble recovery, a sack, and several awesome tackles!  Go Blake!  Then we had a little time to go home and get our things together before leaving for Blake's soccer game.  His team won 10-0.  Blake scored 3 goals!  YAY!

After the soccer game, we headed straight to Louisville to watch the men's soccer team take on Butler.  Blake's coaches just graduated from Butler and were both on the soccer team there.  So it was fun to see the two teams play each other!  His coaches even made the drive from Indy to watch!  Sadly for them (but awesome for us), their team lost.  Louisville was victorious (4-0).  Then U of L football came through for me, too!  They beat their rival, UK 24-17.  WOO HOO!  And to top it all off?!?  The Yankees won, too!  It was an amazing day of sports!

So yeah, it was pretty great!  I won't mention (okay, I will....) that the next day (yesterday), the Bengals lost, the Yankees lost, and my soccer team, Chelsea lost (to Billy's team, Manchester United)!  WHY!?!  Not the best ending to the weekend.  And it was worse at the end because I had to drive home in the dark.  It was pouring down rain, it was foggy, and my wipers were messed up.  I was thankful to have arrived home safely!  It was a wonderful weekend with family and friends!











4 comments:

easleyfamily said...

33 looks good on you :) Happy birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

33 what a great year!! happy birthday love!

billy billy

The Miranda's said...

happy birthday woman!!!! i love that your birthday was surrouned by sports!!!

*A* said...

Happy Birthday my friend! 34 is about to slap me in the face...YUCK