Sunday, July 11, 2010

Viva Espana!

I can't believe the World Cup is over!  I know some of you will be very happy because you won't have to see my soccer blogs anymore!  I, however, am already looking forward to the Euros in 2010.  It is there that I really think Germany can take it all!  :)

I started out cheering for Italy, Germany, England, the Ivory Coast, and the Netherlands.  I ended up cheering for Spain.  I decided after all the over-confident Dutch comments, I would cheer for Spain instead.  I'm glad I did!

Did I love the final match?  Not really.  Did I start to doze off now and then?  Yes.  Did I get REALLY angry at Howard Webb for giving out 80 bajillion (and yeah, that's a lot) yellow cards?  Yes.  But not as angry as Blake got who made a few threatening remarks to the TV (as though Mr. Webb might actually here him).  Anyway, my point is, it wasn't a "thriller" of a game.  It was more annoying.  Until the last 12 minutes.

Iniesta.  That's all I have to say.  Mainly because he's one of Billy's LEAST favorite players.  I don't have anything against him.  But since he scored the goal that won his country their FIRST World Cup title EVER, I figured I'd give him some props.  They got the trophy (that is conveniently stowed away in a Louis Vuitton carrier.......).  Congrats, Spain.  First the Euros (2008), now the World Cup.  You have made your country proud (well, I can only assume that since I do not live in Spain, so, I cannot be sure). ;)

30 days of soccer matches.  30 days of happiness.  Now I need 30 days of rest! :)  Now I get to focus on Blake's soccer career.  I'm working on creating my very own David Villa! :)  So I guess you will get a LONG break for the next 4 years until I'm back World Cup blogging again!  Until then, I guess I have a lot of catching up to do on my family's great adventures!  But of course, I will leave you with a few photos!


Iniesta pays tribute to a fallen teammate after scoring his goal today!

Iker Casillas, captain of the team, holding up the World Cup trophy!

Cute boys getting ready for the game!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was a horrible game. I think the Spanish should have given up on the fake crying and drama and Holland should have taken the kick-boxers out and put in the soccer players.

The game between Uruguay and Germany was so much more interesting and well played. Too bad it was "just for third place."

On a happy note, Forlan (Uruguay) got the golden ball for best player, and Müller (Germany) was given the golden boot for his five goals and 3 assists.