Saturday, July 3, 2010

Bye Bye Brazil!

More World Cup?  FINALLY!  I missed it so much and was so happy to watch BOTH games today.  Yeah, I picked Brazil to win the game but I was super happy when The Netherlands pulled it off (so was Billy).  And so the team favored to win it all; the number one team in the world, fell to the Dutch.  I smiled.

I have to say, given the recent turmoil and drama unfolding with The Netherlands, I didn't really think they could win.  That might have been why I picked Brazil in my bracket.  Yeah, my bracket is totally messed up so I don't care anymore.

I also didn't pick Ghana to win today.  But my heart broke when they lost in such a way.  I felt so bad for the guy (Gyan) who could have won the game BEFORE the extra time and BEFORE the Ghana team lost in the penalty shoot-out.  :(

However, I was also happy when Uruguay pulled it off.  Remember the Uruguay striker, Diego Forlan?  I posted a photo of him earlier in my World Cup blogs.  Anyway, I found out today that his sister was in a terrible car accident when he was 12.  She is paralyzed.  He promised to play soccer and make enough money to pay her medical bills for the rest of her life.  What an amazing guy.  I have a whole new respect for that man.  Besides being a cutie, he has a big, gigantic heart.

And so for today, go Uruguay and go Netherlands!  Tomorrow, we shall be rooting for Germany!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed!


Diego Forlan, you ROCK!

Asamoah Gyan, you made your second penalty.  You tried your best!  And for that....you ROCK, too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Holland.

So sad for Ghana. I mean, to lose was nothing to be ashamed of, but the way they lost was heartbreaking.

My BIL is from Uruguay, so I called to talk a minute after the game. He even wished us luck for today, which is very big for him.