Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Orange You Glad I Didn't Pick Uruguay?

I am!  What a wonderful game!  I was on the edge of my seat for most of the game!  Granted, it was mainly because Lola was pushing and pulling me everywhere!  Ha.  But really, I watched every minute of the game today and can proudly say I was happy the Dutch won!  WOO HOO!  Go team orange (love the uniforms, by the way....see photo below)!

I am sad to see Uruguay go, though.  I have become a huge fan of Diego Forlan during the World Cup.  He is an amazing player and an equally amazing person.  I hope he continues to score lots and lots of goals for his club team! http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/news/maradonas-many-assists-to-uruguays--fbintl_ro-forlanmaradona070510.html

Tomorrow, oh tomorrow.  I'm very nervous for the Germany v. Spain match.  I told Billy if Germany won, I would make a German chocolate cake with coconut pecan frosting to celebrate.  If they don't, however, I will never (not EVER) bake one!  So he is REALLY rooting for the Germans! :)

If they lose (and they better not), my post tomorrow will be very difficult.  How do you blog when you are in the depths of despair?  I am hoping I will NOT have to answer that question.  And now I fear I have just jinxed myself.  However, I'm not going to delete it!

For tonight, if I wasn't on a super strict diet (which started just yesterday), I would be partaking in all things orange:  Orange Julius, orange sherbet, cheese (sharp cheddar....because it's orange), and Doritos (just some ideas).  But instead I will be eating oranges and carrots (not really).  :( 

I HEART THE WORLD CUP.....have I already mentioned that?!?!?!??  ;)


2 comments:

The Clayburn Family said...

You crack me up with all your world cup knowledge. All I know is it is soccer. Ha! If you end up having to make the cake, I will be over. That's my all time FAVORITE cake!!! YUM!

Anonymous said...

I am so nervous. You can only imagine. Butterflies in my stomach since yesterday when my BIL's country got banished to the Saturday mini-final, as they call it here. I feel bad for him. What was with those last few minutes before the ref blew the final whistle? So exciting.
Forlán is also a new favorite of mine.