Saturday, July 3, 2010

Ke Nako!

Germany WON!  I was so very excited watching the game today!  I knew the very second I laid eyes on the German team, they meant business.  They may be young and the team definitely had some issues.  But right now, this is THEIR World Cup to win!

So what is "ke nako?"  That's what the little boy says at the beginning of each World Cup game intro.  What does it mean?  It means "it's time."  Lola loves listening to this and the song that follows!  She gets so excited!  I love it!  I love this month of soccer.  I think for Germany.....it's time!

I also really enjoyed the Spain game.  It was full of drama (as a lot of the games are).  David Villa scored AGAIN.  He is amazing (as is Germany's Miroslav Klose).  Everyone was talking about Messi, Torres, Rooney, etc....But the real stars of the World Cup have been Villa, Klose, and Mueller.

Unfortunately, the tournament is winding down.  We have 3 days until the next game.  It will all be over soon.  But I hope when it's all over,  Germany is the team holding the trophy!  WOOOOO HOOOOO!

Germany's star (one of them), Miroslav Klose

I have included too many photos of David Villa.  So I figured I would put one of this Spanish cutie!

And just for Blake, I have included Carles Puyol.  He gets SOOOOO angry with Carles (and yes, we're on a first name basis) because of his hair.  He just doesn't get it.  Well, Blake, I don't get it either.  It doesn't look that great! ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We went to Frankfurt and watched it on a big screen at the soccer stadium there. It was a great party, but we took the train and that turned out to be a bit more than we could take. We made it home safely and all, parents with children weren't meant to be in those crowds.