Wednesday, July 7, 2010

No Cake Tonight......

Or ever!  I know I'm a sore loser but I am NOT a happy World Cup watcher today.  Obviously, Germany fell to Spain.  :(  Obviously, Billy isn't getting his German chocolate cake with coconut pecan frosting.  Obviously, I am indeed in the depths of despair (and probably did jinx myself by talking about jinxing myself in the last blog).

So for now, I'm going to be angry.  I'm sad to say I've been kinda angry ever since the game.  Thankfully, my family understands and they've left me alone.  I wish the game had been better.  I wish the German team of all the other matches had showed up today.  Alas, they leave on a bit of a sour note.  I still love them and think they did great despite their youth and their turmoil.

Today, I bid Germany farewell.  I will, of course, be watching the games on Saturday and Sunday.  After all, Germany could still come in third place.  Which I know, "If ya ain't first, you're last (according to Ricky Bobby)."  But I think third place will be acceptable....just this once! ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Collective grumpiness here.

I wish the other German team had shown up, too. Let's face it, they knew Spain was a really good team and they let that worry them too much.

On a bright note, Uruguay is my brother-in-law's home country, so Saturday will decide who gets to pick on whom for the next four years. That should be fun.

Neither Spain nor Holland have won a world cup, and Spain has never even gotten to a final before. So, I guess it is alright if we give them a chance, since we have won three.