Monday, April 9, 2012

The TWELVE Days of BLOGGING!!!

Yes, you read that right!  We are just back from vacation and instead of bombarding my readers with WAY TOO MUCH information and WAY TOO MANY PICTURES all at once, I'm going to break it up!  YAY!  (I can hear you all cheering)!

As most of you know, we went to the magical world of DISNEY!  This post will be focused mainly on the "getting to" part of the journey.  Oh my stars, was it a journey.  I've never seen traffic like I saw traffic on the way to Florida.  For reals.

To start, I wanted to quote a Blakeism.  When we first got in the car, he told me, "I have butterflies in my stomach because I'm so excited."  That made me happy because I actually planned a fun vacation.  Like I've mentioned before, we've had little weekend getaways but never a proper family vacation.  Until now.....

So we started out with cute little Blake.  Things kinda went downhill when we stopped at Subway for our lunch and they didn't have the fat free chips I like.  Oh and they put about 80 gallons of mustard on my veggie delight.  I was still thinking about that when I decided to test out the sunroof.  I should also mention that we borrowed the Lexus from my mom and dad.  It offered a lot more room than the HHR.  So that's why I felt I needed to check out the sunroof.  *Insert near heart attack*  A spider fell out when I opened the sunroof.  I thought it was a dead fly but no, it was a jumping (hairy) black and white spider.  I'd like to say the kids were screaming but it was really me.  Yeah, I screamed.  Lots of times.  I pulled the car over and searched high and low for that pesky creature.  I couldn't find it.  I pulled over again when I did find it crawling next to my seat.  He jumped when I tried to smash him.  This went on until I finally got to Billy's office.  I waited for the sucker to come out and then I finally killed it.  Geez.  It was not ideal for someone who has arachnophobia like I do!

I already mentioned traffic was horrendous.  We were in that pretty much the ENTIRE first day.  I drove the whole way because I thought it would be cool to say I drove the entire first day.  It turns out telling people that isn't really that cool.  The traffic added an extra 3 hours to our journey.  I will say that by driving, I was able to stay out of the snack stash.  So that's one positive.....

Then it started raining.  Like super hard.  I had to revert to my "granny style" driving so I could see out the windshield.  Then we got lost in Atlanta.  I wasn't super happy about that.  I'm pretty sure at that point, I wouldn't have been happy about much of anything.  So by adding so much time to our trip, we got to the hotel AFTER the pool had closed.  That wasn't cool.  Well, I didn't care but the kids were pretty bummed.

We finally got into bed and fell asleep pretty quickly.  Unfortunately for me, I had to sleep by Blake.  He still grinds his teeth like no other.  So I really didn't get much sleep at all.  But ya know, when you're on your way to Disney World, you can't really complain about much (like I just did....)!  :)

*Helpful hint from day 1:  Don't travel in jeans with buttons on the back pocket.  When you're going to be stuck in a car for ten hours, it tends to be a little uncomfortable! ;)

I have included a picture of the rain and gobs of traffic!

1 comment:

NowSoLA Vintage said...

no offense...but that don't look like traffic to me, LOL! thats a really light day in my neck of the woods :-)
Glad you had a great trip & looking forward to the pics!