Thursday, April 19, 2012

Day 11: The Return to Normal (if there ever really was a normal....)

I'm pretty sure I needed a vacation from my vacation!  We were up early every day and we stayed up way too late every night.  I knew the first week home was going to be rough!  It started when Lola decided to cry for an HOUR on the way home.  And unfortunately, it wasn't a quiet sniffle.  It was a moaning and wailing type of cry.  I would rather walk across shards of broken glass than listen to that for a consecutive number of miles (yes.....I was counting the miles).  I was also checking for mental hospitals along the way (I didn't find one or I might have checked in....).

Ok so we made it home.  I spent the first day home doing gobs of laundry and unpacking.  And I should admit to you now that I didn't unpack my own suitcase for several days.  I'm not sure why.  Maybe I was in denial that vacation was over?  Maybe I was lazy (it's probably this one).  Or maybe I was too busy unpacking everything else!  But I did get the kids taken care of.  And that's kinda the most important thing, eh?

Day one of the return home also meant the return to the treadmill.  I know I've had injury upon injury but I decided I was gonna bang out 10 miles.  I knew I couldn't run the whole thing.  And I know I can't run the whole mini in a little over a week.  So I decided to give myself (and my poor injured leg) a break.  I have never done anything more than 6 miles at a time (walking or running or both...).  I ran 6 miles and then walked 4 on Monday.  My legs felt like jelly.  But I did it.  YAY!  I also liked that my treadmill said I burned more than 1,000 calories.  That should about cover the millions of candy I ate from the Easter basket the day before, right?  Sadly....not the case!

So we're back.  We're in the zone!  Blake's ready to knock out the last 6 weeks of school!  I'm ready to run this race....with a new goal.  Nobody ask what my finish time is.  I'm not telling.  I had a goal of 2 1/2 hours.  Then I got hurt.  Then I got hurt again.  My new goal is to FINISH the race (even if I'm dead last....hopefully not just dead).  My other goal is to actually finish and not be golf carted off by the medical staff. 

Hooray for being home (blarg)! We had such a fun vacation.  I'm sad it ended.  I'm sad that I no longer get to see my husband every day.  The kids are sad, too!  But it is what it is!  I hope you all had a wonderful Spring break!  Thanks for keeping up with ours!  There will be one more blog to complete the 12 days of blogging!  Tune in tomorrow!  This has been such a challenge that I might not blog again afterwards! ;)  Or maybe I will.....

No comments: