Saturday, April 14, 2012

The 6th Day of Vacation.....

Was AMAZING!!!  It was the day I got to go to Tampa to see the Yankees play the Mets.  It was the day I had super awesome seats (conveniently located by third base/short stop land).  It was the day I'm SURE Derek Jeter looked right at me a few times!  Yup.  It was THAT day!  I won't even complain about the fact that the game was at noon and we were sitting directly under a blazing hot ball of fire that we call the SUN!  Nope.  I won't complain.  A bit....

You will be seeing a lot of pictures of A Rod and Jeter.  My apologies.  I'm not even a huge fan of Rodriguez but when you're sitting that close, you have no choice but to snap a few pics!  We were so close that the fans who were brave enough to yell out to Senor Rodriguez actually received a wave back!  Another exciting moment of the game?  The 7th inning stretch.  I spent weeks teaching Lola the words to "Take Me Out to the Ball Game."  She knew the whole song and it was awesome! :)  Yankees won 8-3.  WOO HOO!  Of course they went on to lose their first 3 games of the season.  I am aware of that.  But they seem to be back on track now! :)

After the game, we drove to Clearwater for a little beach time.  And I do mean A LITTLE beach time.  I wasn't prepared at all to spend ANY time at the beach.  I didn't bring towels.  I didn't bring toys to play with.  I just wasn't thinking.  I'm not sure how I planned on changing everyone into their bathing suits, either.  So we decided to go to a SMALL beach and just walk around and put our feet in the water.  Lola was in heaven!  It was her first time to the beach.  She doesn't have to know (until she's old enough to read this) that it was a LAME beach.  It was perfect for her!  As I'm typing this, though, I do kinda regret that we didn't pony up and find an awesome beach in which we could laze the day away....

After the beach, we were able to meet up with Blake's brand new sister, Morgan.  She's precious!  We were so glad that Pam was able to meet with us and Blake was able to spend some time loving on his new sis! He's been talking about her ever since!  We can't wait to see her again!

When we returned to the hotel, we decided to swim (again).  We spent every day at the pool.  And when I say, "we," I really mean "they."  I never got in the pool for reasons I disclosed in an earlier post.  Anyway, everyone at the pool that day was from England.  I had a jolly good time listening to their accents, mates!  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE English accents.  I think I've already mentioned that (about a million times).  So while listening to everyone around me, the voice in my head (yeah, she's there) also started up in an English accent.  It was fun while it lasted!

And that was Wednesday.  It rocked. I apologize for all the pictures that are to ensue.  I know most of you don't really care about seeing Derek Jeter (GASP) but I want these pics in my blog book.  And I want to stare at them again right now......



























Lola took this one!  I like it because the bag has feet! :)
























No comments: