Sunday, April 15, 2012

Day 7 of Universal Awesomeness!

Can we just say HARRY POTTER?!?  Can we say that JK Rowling is a genius beyond all geniuses?  I know I'm a recent convert to all things Harry Potter.  But I can't help it.  Everything in the Harry Potter land at Universal was INCREDIBLE!  I was in awe.  I was also irritated with the 80 billion people around us.  There were so many people that I couldn't even move the stroller without clipping a few ankles (sorry if any of those ankles were yours...)!  However, the good DEFINITELY outweighed the bad!

I should side note in here that Billy's Uncle Casey (who I mentioned in an earlier post) is the master planner for Universal.  Yes it was him and his genius team who put together the entire land of Potter.  He's also a genius beyond all geniuses (perhaps he and Ms. Rowling should collaborate...)!  So Uncle Casey brought us into the park as his VIP guests.  We didn't have to wait in any lines.  We got all the back stories on the building of the projects!  And he also spoiled us with many gifts from the shops by Hogwarts.  Yes, Billy and Blake got wands.  Blake also got a quidditch jersey, a snitch, and a broom.  I, of course, had to have my tri-wizard cup and Hedwig, the owl.  Now I can send Billy all kinds of owl post...when I just get tired of texting or calling, that is!

Okay back to the day at Universal.  We immediately got in line for a ride called Forbidden Journey.  I didn't research anything.  I just saw that the line was massive.  So I figured it had to be pretty fantastic.  I forced Blake to ride it with me.  A million apologies now go out to my son.  I thought I was sick after the Star Wars ride?  I'm serious that the only thing I thought of while sitting on the ride was what would happen to my vomit.....I just knew I was gonna throw up.  Oh my land.  If anybody needs to know of a way to torture me to get me to talk?  That's it.  Stick me on that ride and my life will become an open book!  Blake closed his eyes the whole time and I eventually had to do the same.  I guess I wouldn't survive as a wizard because flying around on a broom was NOT my cup of tea!

After being nauseous for about an hour after that ride, I was finally somewhat back to normal!  We were able to drink some butterbeer.  It was kinda like glorified cream soda.  But what a glorified cream soda it was.  YUM!  We also made our way to Dr. Seuss Landing.  Lola had a blast.  And so did I.  Apparently the kiddie rides are about all I can handle.  And probably not even all of those....Man I'm old. 

Billy rode the Hulk.  Blake wouldn't go with me so I didn't get the chance.  But I made Blake (again...I'm usually not so forceful) ride the Jurassic Park splash ride.  We were drenched.  He closed his eyes the whole time (again).  I guess he didn't dig the huge TRex head attempting to eat our "boat."  Hmmm.....

But after that, Blake decided he would dabble in lots of extreme roller coaster riding. He rode the Dragon Challenge THREE times.  It had lots of loops and scary things.  He rode the Dr. Doom Free Fall.  Which is basically like the Tower of Terror that he refused to go on at Disney World.  Go figure.  He rode Spider Man.  And our favorite ride?  The Flight of the Hippogriff.  Lola rode it  twice.  She didn't love it either time.  I am actually quite surprised she was tall enough to go on it!  But it was pretty fun!

We are so thankful that we were able to spend time with Uncle Casey.  We're thankful for his generosity and his kindness!  We definitely recommend Universal!  We had a BLAST and can't wait to go back!  And once again, I apologize for mass amounts of photos.  What's a girl to do???  ;)
















































No comments: