Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 2 of Florida 2012 Vacation!

And we're on to day TWO, folks.  I know you're probably biting your nails in anticipation.  I also forgot to tell you that Blake thinks the state of Tennessee is and I quote, "The most beautiful state I've ever been in."  I also think it's beautiful but after all the dang traffic, it's not high on my list of places to be! :)

Helpful hint for day 2:  INVEST IN A CAR DVD PLAYER!!!  Notice how I wrote that in ALL caps?  There's a reason.  It's very important!  By the middle (beginning....who am I kidding?) of the day, I was about to thumb it the rest of the way.  I kept seeing all the fancy RVs going by and I secretly (or not so secretly) wanted to ask if they could drop me off at Disney World.  For reals.  It was pretty much that crazy in the car.  Of course the traffic was equally (or worse) as bad as day 1.  So the kids (and the parents) were pretty much done!

I didn't drive at all the second day.  Mainly because I wanted to sound really cool.  Oh wait.  That's what I was thinking when I DID drive the whole way.  Well.  It was kinda nice to ride instead of drive.  Of course the snack stash was awfully tempting.  I managed to (mostly) stay out of it.

It rained.  Again.  But we made it!  We arrived on Disney property in PLENTY of time to watch the UL/UK Final Four game.  That being said, the Queen (our GPS) totally led us astray.  We drove around aimlessly for a good twenty minutes.  I watched the game on my phone until we eventually made it!  It wasn't ideal but U of L losing was also not ideal.  Yes, I'm still deeply depressed over the loss.  Though I, of course, have to give major props to my Cards for even making it that far!  They had a heck of a year!

Okay, back to the vacation.  We stayed at Disney All-Star Sports Resort.  I wouldn't recommend it.  Like at all.  Unless you have a desire to stay in an old, run-down, Motel 6 type of place.  Yeah, I kinda think it was that bad.  But we figured we wouldn't be spending that much time in the actual room....so we just dealt with it.  *Shudder*

The kids immediately wanted to get in the pool.  I was still nursing my wounds (from the aforementioned basketball game) so I just sat and watched.  I was just glad to be out of the car....even if it did mean I was residing in Nastyville for the next 3 nights and 4 days.  *Shudder*

And that was it for day 2!  I know you're anxiously awaiting tomorrow's post.  RIGHT?  Okay welp, I'll have another blog up in about 12 hours!  You're welcome! :)

Leaving the hotel on day 2!

This is the first time she slept on the trip and it didn't last too long!

Yup....pretty much sums up our sentiments!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess a good time was had by all, although the pictures don't necessarily indicate that! Ha! MommyKay

Anonymous said...

I guess a good time was had by all, although the pictures don't necessarily indicate that! Ha! MommyKay