Sunday, April 10, 2011

HOCKEY.....the ice kind not the air kind.....

We experienced our first NHL game while in Columbus.  (I promise, this is my last post about our ventures in Ohio).  The day didn't start out great when my purse strap broke.  I obviously didn't bring a spare on our 2 day get-away.  What was I thinking?  I guess I should always be prepared (especially now that Blake is into scouting....isn't that the motto, after all?)!  Anyway, my purse broke so I looked like a pretty big dork.  Then my camera broke after the teams started warming up.  So I'm sorry to say I don't have many pictures to post (I know most of you are doing silent...or very loud cheers)!!!!

Okay so first let me point out a few things.

1.  It is FREEZING cold inside hockey arenas.  Yes, of course it had to be.  How else could it fit into our fun-filled COLD weekend?  And of course I was, again, ill prepared.  Apparently I should have packed snuggies, ski masks, and gloves for the whole weekend.  Maybe then we would have been comfortable in our surroundings!

2.  The players don't really fight TOO much.  Although we did see a  pretty good tussle.  But just one.

3.  The Columbus Blue Jackets got POUNDED by the St. Louis Blues (6 to 1).  The fans were pretty subdued and Blake said he was bored.

4.  Lola didn't sit still like she does in most sporting events.  I guess she doesn't like hockey.  Although she did do well at the minor league hockey game in Indy.  Sorry, NHL.  I guess Lola doesn't like you.

5.  Some hockey players are very cute.  Our seats were almost at the top of the arena (GASP) so I couldn't see any of them up close.  But I was able to peruse the program pretty thoroughly!







After the game, we had to head home.  How long did it take?  Well it was supposed to take about 2 hours and 45 minutes.  But how many times did we stop and change Lola's diaper along the way?  THREE?  Yup.  Because that's how our luck goes.  Drive ten minutes.  Change a diaper.  Drive fifteen minutes.  Change a diaper.  You get the idea.  It didn't take 2 hours and 45 minutes.

We got closer to home and drove across Nameless Creek.  Well, over the bridge, across Nameless Creek. But seriously.  The person in charge of naming said creek really dropped the ball.  Cuz I think I could do better than that.  Granted, it did make me laugh a lot (on the inside because I was very tired...).  So then I thought we could use this tactic when naming anything (like a child, a pet, a car, etc....).  It could be quite useful.  But then we might have a lot of "nameless" things running around!

2 comments:

Gentry said...

I think you should definitely name your next pet, "nameless." You could call it "Namie" for short, but then that does sound like an actual name.

Humidifiers Moreno Valley said...

Interesting thoughts, I really enjoyed your blog