Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Columbus Crew!

The weekend finally came when we surprised Blake with tickets to the Columbus Crew/FC Dallas game!  I LOVE surprises and I'm glad Blake does, too!  He was over the moon last Friday.  He had no clue where we were going.  I packed the bags, loaded the car, and when Billy came home from work; we left!  YAY!  Blake kept himself so occupied that he didn't even notice when we left Indiana!  He finally realized we were headed to Columbus when we were ten minutes from the stadium.  I tossed him his Columbus Crew jersey and told him to put it on!  He was ecstatic!  I could have yelled, "April fools."  That would have been funny.  But.....I didn't!

We had a GREAT time at the game even though we froze half to death (for reals.  Like I was sure I would have to amputate my frozen appendages).  Here are some pros and cons of our MLS game experience:

Pros:  1.  We got there so early, Blake was able to score SEVERAL (7 to be exact...including both team coaches and the star player for the Crew) autographs.  Why?  Because 2.  Our seats were AWESOME!!  We were row 4 straight up from the pitch and we were by the player's tunnel.  3.  Columbus won 2-0.  4.  Blake was able to go onto the pitch after the game!  Woo hoo!  He got to take a shot on goal (he made it)!  5.  The Hudson Street Hooligan section.  Yeah.  They were awesome.  It may have been cold but that rowdy section wasn't bothered at all!  They were singing and cheering with the best of them.  Confession:  I wish I was a part of the hooligans.  For reals.  If I ever move to Columbus......

Cons:  1.  We got there so early that it contributed to our nearly freezing to death.  It was only 40 something degrees and I was ill prepared.  2.  I didn't bring blankets and I only remembered gloves for Lola.  Oops.  3.  Lola was super cold and had to go thaw out in the car at halftime.  4.  It was really cold.  Oh wait.  I think I already mentioned that.  Well.  It was.  Really.  Cold.

Columbus Crew.....you are fun to watch (even if we aren't big MLS fans....we enjoy English soccer a wee bit more)!  But we love you, Crew and we love your motto:  Work hard.  Play harder.  I think I will follow that motto.  I think I already do.  Never mind.  Anyway, the point is....we had lots of fun.  Even if it was super duper freezing.

Blake and I with the stadium behind us.  And yes, Blake did put on his winter coat shortly after this!

We brought Flat Stanley with us (we are doing a project for a friend).  And typical Lola isn't looking at the camera.  Surprise!

Word!


Blake getting the autograph of Julius James!

View of how awesome our seats were!



Blake running out on the field!


Getting ready to kick!



Watching the ball go in the net.  I wasn't able to capture that, of course (I'm not the best photographer).  But I did get the before and after! :)
Blake's program with all the autographs!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The entire time was reading this I was picturing baseball in my mind. Then I got to the pictures and realized how smart I am in the sports world! Remind me why we are friends again?

Sweet Tweets Boutique said...

You're cute!

The Miranda's said...

that is AWESOME!

Gentry said...

Glad you still have all your digits!